About the role: Director - Technical Cloud Architect - Azure
Growing our Azure Cloud business and presence in the market is a strategic priority for Avanade. In line with our growth aspirations we are seeking to expand and strengthen our Azure solutioning capability, specifically in the Northeast US. As a Director - Technical Cloud Architect you will work to support the creation of various Cloud-based solutions and services for our customers (UCaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
Day-to-day, you will:
* Along with the Sales Team, tailoring and shaping our proposition to the customers' IT and business leadership for our largest Enterprise Accounts
* Presenting alongside Sales our solution to customer CIO's, Chief Architect's and VP's. Explaining the solution in detail, interpreting customer needs and responding to challenges to show the value and relevance to the customer business
* The ability to answer deep technical questions on Application Architecture and Development in the Public Cloud and solutions being recommended through examples or demonstrations
* End-to-end solution shaping and solution architecture for Cloud Applications Migration and Modernization, including estimation, solution planning and interlocking with the appropriate Accenture and Avanade teams to create the optimal customer outcome
* Delivering technical leadership and architecture on our engagements, as well as feedback around the evolution of the solution
* Defining Avanade solution offerings for Azure Application services and delivery capability including Managed Services
* Liaising with other solution architects in similar roles and global product management to define standardized solution baselines, application add-ons as well as industrialized delivery options.
* Planning for and supporting service implementation, service transition, and service introduction activities including the appropriate change management services.
* Working closely with our Talent Communities acting as a SME in Azure Application Architecture and solutions, supporting our teams with their capability development and skills growth.
* Building and maintaining strong working relationships with delivery centre solution architects and contributing to the Avanade collaboration community.
* Owning delivery responsibilities for selected sold engagements. In line with our growth aspirations we are seeking to expand and strengthen our Azure solutioning capability, specifically in the Northeast US.
Your technical skills likely include:
* Advanced skills in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
* Advanced skills in developing client-based and/or web-based software solutions
* Demonstrated experience of specific technologies as specified by hiring manager
Your non-technical skills likely include:
* Experience interacting with external clients in a professional Growth Market
* Experience working with global teams on projects
* Experience working with offshore teams to facilitate project work
* Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
* Good understanding of project financials, P&Ls, etc. considered beneficial
* Solid written and spoken English skills
What we offer
* Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with unrivalled development and training
* Competitive base salary
* Access to Avanade University
* Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
Travel can be up to 80%. Our projects are based in the Northeast US - NYC, Boston, Philly & Hartford.
Employment Transparency Avanade? Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at ...@avanade.com or call (206) ###-#### and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement. Associated topics: application developer, back end, design, java, matlab, php, project architect, senior, senior software developer, senior software engineer