Manager, Building & Site Services
Compensation: $106,470.00 - $164,950.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The Manager of Building & Site Services is responsible for the effective functioning of the manufacturing, warehouse and office buildings including the cGMP facility, cGMP warehouse and four office locations. This position will provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and their activities by using best business practices to manage resources, services, and processes to meet the needs of the company.Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
- Management and development of pest control program.
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections.
- Ensure compliance of the site with international regulatory agencies (including FDA and OSHA) in relation to facilities and maintenance operations, health and safety standards and industry codes.
- Allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency.
- Coordinate intra-office moves.
- Supervise maintenance and repair of architectural aspects of the facilities through small projects.
- Oversee facility refurbishment and renovations.
- Plan and manage facility central services such as pest control, reception, security, cleaning, and architectural repairs.
- Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency.
- Drive consistency across sites for similar services.
- Obtain quotes from vendors and suppliers.
- Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness.
- Negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost savings.
- Coordinate and monitor activities of contract suppliers.
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships.
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met.
- Ensure delivery schedules, quantity and quality criteria are met.
- Check completed work by contractors and vendors.
- Verify payment and invoicing match contract pricing.
- Manage, develop and train contract staff.
- Prepare and track the facility budget.
- Monitor expenses and payments.
- Generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases.
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants.
- Ensure corporate sustainability goals in facility operation.
- Track and excel in KPIs for facility services.
- Conduct customer service surveys and improve customer satisfaction levels.
- Coordinate with the landlord's facility management firm for space comfort, fire protection and safety issues and incident investigations for leased space.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Facilities Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience in facilities management, process engineering, project management, business management, or construction management or a combination of these for the same minimum period.
- Proven ability to work in a cross functional team environment, with excellent communication and organizational skills at all levels including C-suite executives.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of project management, business administration, procurement, contracts, financial principles and practices.
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Experience in construction, maintenance, and all facets of facility operations.
- Strong cGMP and regulatory knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of architectural finishes and components.
- Planning, problem analysis, and decision-making skills.
- Proficient computer skills utilizing MS Office suite applications, MS Project, Building Management Systems, Corporate ERP systems and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Working in a team environment with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Customer service focused.
- Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 50 pounds.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Associated topics: custom, director, healthcare, manager, project, project manager, public, scheduler, site, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...