Product Manager, Healthcare Professional Marketing (Plainfield)
Compensation: $57,990.00 - $99,960.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
We are looking for a positive, high-energy and agile Product Manager, Healthcare Professional Marketing who will be responsible for the development and execution of initiatives aimed at Healthcare Professionals. This position will play a key role in the development and implementation of AveXis first commercial product launch. Areas of focus may include one or more of the following: professional HCP marketing, brand website development, CRM development and implementation, paid media, social media, sales training liaison and congresses.
The Product Manager position requires a highly motivated individual who can work independently, think strategically, and collaborate transversally to accomplish complex deliverables. Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of annual business plans, product positioning and strategies, and marketing program creation.
- Work to ensure company objectives through on-strategy execution of the annual Marketing plan in every area of responsibility (Advertising and Promotion and conferences)
- Develop promotional communication tools.
- Engage with key customers, speakers, and Key Opinion Leaders (KOL's) as needed to ensure creation and seamless roll out of high impact, high value marketing communication tools.
- Plan and oversee execution of promotional materials related to conferences.
- Manage and coordinate the work of ad agency, medical education partners and various external vendors including acquiring necessary budget estimates, contracts, purchase orders, invoices, etc.
- Collaborate with Sales Training to ensure effective sales force training and pull through of promotional messaging, tools and programs.
- Effectively interact with sales force to understand needs and handle requests.
- Provide product evaluation and performance tracking for products of responsibility.
- Budget responsibility including creation, spend, reconciliation and developing metrics to monitor effectiveness and/or program success.
- Interpret and translate scientific clinical data into commercial applications.
- Monitor competitive activity and identify customer needs.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Travel to conferences / rep-rides (as needed).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in biological sciences, pharmacy, marketing or business administration or equivalent experience.
- 8 years' experience with a minimum 3 years of US pharmaceutical marketing preferred with additional experience desired, including pharmaceutical field sales, advertising agency and/or pharmaceutical market research.
- Ability to coordinate interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to drive issues and projects to conclusion.
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen.
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Team and project leadership skills.
- A high interest in working in a 'roll up the sleeves' environment of a small bio-pharma company, without the resources of larger companies.
- Up to 35% of US domestic travel.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Associated topics: behavioral health, behavioral healthcare, cell, forensic, lmsw, outpatient, social worker, violence, women, youth
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...