A consistent leader among Consumer & Retail investment banking groups on the Street, ranked Top 3 globally and in the Americas since 2009. Also one of the largest Consumer & Retail teams on the Street, with over 75 professionals globally, including more than 50 team members located in New York.
The team has acted as an advisor on a large number of landmark M&A transactions in the C&R sector and has been an active bookrunner on numerous high-profile IPOs, follow-ons and debt capital raises in both the leveraged finance and investment grade markets. The group also covers leading private equity firms who invest in the Consumer and Retail sectors.
The group has full coverage of the Consumer & Retail universe - subsectors include Apparel & Footwear, Hardlines, Restaurants, Softlines, Food Retail, Beverages, Packaged Food, Beauty and Household Products.
The group has a balanced franchise consisting of buy-side and sell-side M&A advisory, equity, leveraged finance and investment grade capital raising. As many clients are multinationals, the team spends considerable time on cross-border M&A and IPO opportunities working closely with colleagues in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Play a key role supporting origination and deal execution, working on a broad scope of assignments and products within the Consumer & Retail industry
* Work closely with senior and junior bankers and expected to make an immediate contribution
* Work closely with senior bankers to generate ideas and solutions to meet C&R client needs
* Support senior bankers in day-to-day client coverage
* Communicate and interact with internal deal team members and clients
* Play a leadership role in the execution of M&A transactions and equity and debt financings
* Lead due diligence sessions
* Help develop pitchbook materials for client meetings
* Interact with internal and external legal, tax, accounting and rating agency parties
* Mentor and train junior personnel
* Handle client coverage for smaller accounts
* Master's degree or MBA
* Previous Investment Banking experience
* Experience in Consumer & Retail industry preferred
* Professional maturity and experience to interact directly with client and drive origination and execution
* Strong quantitative/analytical skills
* Strategic and creative thinking; strong written and oral communications skills
* Ability to manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
Posting Date: 03/15/2019
Location: New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK, - United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Associated topics: bank, corporate banking, director finance, equity trading, financial, financial planning, invest, investment banking, revenue, tax