- Bank of America
- $106,390.00 -159,250.00/year*
10 Bayside Terrace
Applies technical knowledge in determining end to end design requirements for large projects involving line of business, software/hardware developers and vendors. Work closely with business partners to define strategies for technical solutions, determine requirements, and develop functional designs based on the analysis of line of business needs, objectives and existing systems infrastructure. Drives and participates in design, development and implementation of large and complex enterprise wide applications, often using new technologies. Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs. May manage projects including responsibility for a project and project budget. Works under minimal supervision on enterprise wide projects requiring creative solutions. IT degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience. Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for Employees supporting Global Markets.
The functional analyst successful candidate will define the end to end functional requirement definition to support the target business process. The candidate will contribute to the software development lifecycle of products and services from inception stage through to the final implementation. The candidate would be required to work closely with the developers to define, build and test the solution often working on multiple projects/work-streams at the same time. The role requires:
- A mindset built on simplicity
- Proficiency to talk in functional & data terms to clients and the stakeholders
- Leadership skills to manage ad-hoc analysis or design deep dives
- Understanding of the development lifecycle to ensure the designs are practical adopted by the delivery teams
- Creating and maintaining functional requirements in partnership and collaboration with the business and obtaining sign-off
- Responsible for creating functional solutions, conducting FSD walk-through and obtaining sign-off
- Act as an SME in various capacities and product development opportunities
- Responsible for working with the developers to ensure correct understanding of requirements and then owning the functional delivery end to end
- Defining testing requirements together with the QA team
- Building and maintaining strong relationship with business to ensure alignment with business requirements and project management resources
- Establishing and operate within the governance (decision making) structure for the program/project and manage/escalate issues and risks.
- Contribute in design and development of the project-level roadmap, ensuring sufficient business benefit is realized within each phase.
- Ensure projects are completed according to product specifications and are properly documented.
- Work with data sourcing to source and validate data completeness from acquisition to report delivery.
- Work with Stakeholders during UAT to ensure reports meet requirements and ensure all deliveries are signed-off.
- 5+ years' experience with at least 3+ years' experience as a BA/FA
- Must have experience in QA testing, Release management and Data Analysis using SQL
- Delivery focused techno-functional role. Candidates must have experience in Oracle/PL SQL or ETL/Informatica or Java
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience defining testing requirements together with the QA team and release management
- Attention to detail and self-starter, with an ability to identify risks and issues and suggest improvements
- Excellent communication, negotiation, networking and influencing skills
- Ability to work across multiple business groups and domains
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work under pressure
- Collaborative, with an ability to share information, transfer knowledge and train new team members
- Proven ability to balance business demands of different stakeholders and IT fulfillment in terms of standardization, reducing risk and increasing IT flexibility
- Experience building high-performance, enterprise applications at scale
- Financial and regulatory reporting experience; specifically build a reporting solution that facilitates the creation, publication and distribution of reports both on a regular basis and ad-hoc.
- Experience of having worked on a Greenfield project, ideally within a large financial institution or a financial product development company. He or she may be required to demonstrate this during the interview process.
- Additionally, the candidate must have solid experience of change management and delivery frameworks such as SDLC, test driven development (TDD) and should have functional delivery of more than one large scale IT project.
- Exceptional intelligence and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or any quantitative discipline
: 08/07/2019 Location
: Jersey City, NJ, 101 HUDSON ST (NJ2101), - United States Travel
: No Full / Part-time
: Full time Hours Per Week
: 40 Shift
: 1st shift
Associated topics: data analyst, data engineer, data integration, data integrity, data manager, database, erp, sql, sybase, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...