The employer is from Medicine sector.
- Oversees day-to-day activities of a number of facilities within a designated geographic area to ensure a high level of productivity and the efficient use of resources. Monitors overall practice performance. Develops and implements productivity action plans to meet productivity benchmarks for assigned facilities. Identify opportunities to enhance operations & patient experience. Focus is on standardization of workflow, both front office and back office clinical support. Foster a service excellence culture. Maintain positive relations with physicians. Resolves patient concerns not remedied at the on-site leadership level.
- Develops and implements a system to ensure that established policies, goals, and objectives are achieved and in compliance with practice, facility, and system policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
- Conducts special managerial projects assigned by their respective Service-line leader to expand or enhance services. Facilitate the opening and closing of new programs/clinics. Prepares reports, recommendations & presentations to Regional & Senior Leadership
- Provides operational leadership, direction and support to their assigned practice managers. Provides on-going oversight to ensure adherence to care delivery standards. Assist with removing barriers and acts as a liaison to central functions. Assist Practice Managers in addressing staff compensation/HR concerns. Provide on-going, meaningful communication with practice managers and staff so they are recognized and well informed.
- Facilitates the assimilation of newly hired practice managers into the group practice setting and works closely with the affiliating groups physician and administrative leadership. Drives and implements initiatives focused on physician engagement and retention.
- Works with Service-line leaders and associated practice managers to develop annual operating and capital budgets for their assigned facilities. Ensures adherence to established annual budgets.
- Participates in the development of a marketing plan in conjunction with regional leadership team.
- Masters degree preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred. Medical Group & Ambulatory Care Leadership experience preferred.
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Associated topics: general surgery, laparoscopic, robotics, surg, surgeon, surgery, surgery physician