- Barclays Tech
- $177,070.00 -177,070.00/year*
18 Brentwood Ct
Overall purpose of role
- Working on a single or multiple Contact Centre projects with guidance from experienced Lead Business Analyst (AVP and VP).
- As a Business Analyst role in the Change Delivery Team you will be responsible for providing business analysis and data required for implementation for one or more Agile Development teams delivering strategic projects and operational improvements in the Contact Centres.
- This will involve developing an understanding of the business processes and the technologies they use to support process, covering data processing, risk generation and reporting applications.
- The role will involve analysing, data collation and supporting implementation activity attributed to change to specific contact centre applications and obtaining consensus with all business users to the appropriateness of that change.
Working on a single or multiple telephony projects with guidance from experienced Business Analysts.
- Work on small streams of Contact Centre analysis and produce deliverables to support production of governance documentation.
- Engaging with business SME's to gather requirements through workshops and user interviews.
- Documenting Contact Centre business requirements and business processes in collaboration with the operations
- Provide input into the development of Contact Centre policies and procedures
- Support in the preparation of all levels of Acceptance Testing in line with business requirements.
- Support testing process liaising with business testers to raise and support the resolution of defects
- Support and coordinate the business areas to define the migration strategy/principles
- Support the development of the technical and business areas, the release and migration plans
- Manage, provide knowledge and guidance to the business and technical teams on incident management resolutions
- Coordinating with the business for migrations/upgrades/rollouts to include site based activities (implementation, floor walking, communications etc)
- Act as a point of escalation for all business workstreams
- Production of some documentation required for governance and control purposes
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Establishes positive relationships with colleagues and management based on trust and mutual respect.
- Proactively develops relationships with colleagues and customers both inside and outside their own team.
- Invests time and effort in understanding others' perspectives and uses this to strengthen relationships.
- Uses convincing arguments to influence others effectively.
- Understands and adapts own behaviour to have a positive impact on others
- Seeks values and integrates others' opinions and contributions.
- Understands own responsibilities and how they add value for their team and customers/clients.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
Risk and Control Objective
- Demonstrates an understanding of how the bank operates and the metrics used to measure performance
- Analyses problems and evaluates options in a logical and systematic way.
- Seeks the advice of stakeholders to better create clarity in complex situations, understand problems, evaluate options and make decisions.
- Reprioritises own activities to respond to new information and changing requirements whilst staying focussed on results.
- Considers the impact of their actions and decisions on key stakeholders, seeking to deliver a positive outcome for those involved.
- Understands the benefits and impact of change to ensure their contribution supports the success of new interventions.
- Seeks to improve results by applying review and improvement methodologies to their work.
- Collaborates with colleagues both inside and outside the team to identify new and better ways of doing things.
- Looks for small improvements as well as major developments to deliver on-going benefit to their role and their team.
[This section is mandatory for all role profiles and must not be deleted]
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Understands the importance of risk and control to the bank and the framework within which it manages risk.
- Understands and operates the processes and relevant risks and controls in their business areas effectively, and knows how their specific role fits into the broader business.
- Understands personal responsibility for risk and control and seeks help if this is not clear.
- Knows how to behave in a risk aware manner including what a risk event is how to raise one and what to do if asked to do or witness something at odds with this.
- Minimal Industry Knowledge
- Some project experience
- Some awareness of business analysis frameworks
- Exposure to working in small to medium scale change initiatives
- Experience in writing formal business documents
- Experience communicating with a wide array of people
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office products
- An understanding of domain experience
- Some knowledge of the Avaya telephony platform and associated applications
- Some knowledge of the Verint Call Recording
- Some awareness of Sharepoint
- Typically faces off to AVP/VP level stakeholders
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Some experience of conducting Business Analysis in Agile and Waterfall delivery environment
- Analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- An understanding of financial services environment
- Professional communications - clarity, sharing information, listening and encouraging others
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience of working within financial services
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Our two clearly defined divisions, Barclays UK and Barclays International, provide diversification by business line, geography and customer, enhancing financial resilience and helping to contribute to the delivery of consistent returns through the business cycle. We have a strong core business with exciting prospects, well positioned to deliver long-term value for our shareholders.
The businesses are supported by The Group Service Company. This delivers critical infrastructure services and enhances operational continuity for our business units, it is a centre of excellence for services required by the business, such as fraud management and cyber security, reducing duplication and promoting best practice across our businesses.
Consistent with the objective of delivering long-term sustainable value for all our stakeholders, we have developed our Shared Growth Ambition - our approach to citizenship and the sustainability of the business model we operate. The aim is to make decisions and do business that provides our clients and customers, and the communities which we serve, with access to a prosperous future.
The delivery of our strategy is underpinned by the energy, commitment and passion of our people, and we are clear on our common purpose: creating opportunities to rise. We are a company of opportunity makers working together to help people rise - customers, clients, colleagues andsociety.About Contact Centre Technology
Contact Centre Technology is accountable for performance, stability, and availability of the Strategic contact centre platforms across Barclays. They define and deliver the architectural roadmap for all contact centres systems through change, extension and planning in accordance with delivery processes, financial and change governance. They front all requests from the business acting as a single point of contact across the technical community.
They act as a conscience by owning the product lifecycle cradle to grave, and providing a consistent approach to delivery, remediation and risk management supporting business requirements and internal/external regulations
About Contact Centre Change Delivery
The Contact Centre Change Delivery team are responsible for the operational development and performance of all contact centre technical environments engaging with operational areas across the entire Barclays telephony estate providing SME level consultancy and design to support large and small business initiatives with the provision of contact centre solutions.
The BA support for the applications is provided at all stages (end to end) of a project life cycle, delivering advice and guidance on the construction of business requirements, design, build, testing, implementation and migration for the contact centre. The team will interface with the supply chain to manage the optimisation of the technology services and maximising business performance delivering a continuous improvement approach to the customer experience...... click apply for full job details
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...