Barneys New York, the world's leading luxury retailer, is committed to providing the best of everything: merchandise, service and innovative people with creative ideas. We are currently offering an excellent opportunity for a Human Resources Assistant at our Downtown flagship store in Chelsea.
The Human Resources Assistant performs human resources work associated with the human resources department at the Flagship store. The Role of the Human Resources Assistant is to provide support on various human resources functions, including recruitment, personnel records, employee relations, administrative processes and special projects with emphasis on the human resources reception area and overall operation. This position requires a high-level of communication, attention to detail, time management, and a pro-active approach to customer service.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Human Resources overall operation:
* Facilitates the welcome experience to all candidates, new hires, and associates as they interact with the Human Resources operation
* Schedules appointments for HR executives (i.e. store associates requesting to meet with any HR executive)
* Partners with Director of Human Resources on the completion of special projects as assigned
* Responsible for all in-store communication channels (upkeep of communication boards, storewide email communications, special correspondence regularly sent to associates, etc.)
* Maintains and organizes the management of supplies inventory for the store
* Supports store executives on special projects as assigned by HR executives
Recruitment and Employee Relations support:
* Manages the recruitment calendar, taking complete ownership of scheduling applicants as assigned, appropriately following up via phone and/or email to effectively confirm appointments
* Provides administrative support to the recruitment operation within the department (e.g. completes reference checks, manages pre-employment paperwork in an organized manner, etc.)
* Partners with Director of Human Resources for special projects, with main focus on Employee Relations (e.g. management of tracking reports, update/upkeep of union reporting documents ? seniority reports, and others as assigned)
* Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
* Excellent public speaking, verbal and written communication skills
* Intermediate to advanced PC skills, proficient in MS Office Suite including Excel
* Demonstrated ability to manage a wide range of projects and responsibilities simultaneously, effectively prioritizing, taking ownership and initiative
* Demonstrated ability to establish priorities in fast-paced and dynamic office environment
* Strong relationship building and customer service skills
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field or a combination of education and equivalent work experience
* 3+ years experience in human resources
* Luxury retail Human Resources experience preferred
* Proficiency in ADP Payroll a plus
Candidates must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Barneys New York offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Barneys New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, assist, assistant, co op, intern, internship, on call, support, supportive
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.