The Lifesaving Center Manager is responsible for impact achievement and daily operations of the Best Friends Lifesaving Center in New York. This position will progress work designed to achieve a no-kill nation by 2025 and ultimately support our mission of bringing about a time of No More Homeless Pets. The Lifesaving Center Manager will ensure that our core values are consistently delivered within our space, with high levels of care, professionalism, and hospitality.
* Assist the City Director with developing mission advancing goals for the New York Lifesaving Center as well as defining and executing the strategies to achieve said goals.
* Lead Lifesaving Staff, volunteers and partners to execution of deliverables.
* Oversee, plan, and implement all Lifesaving Center work including but not limited to: memoranda of understanding (MOU) between BFAS and partner groups, supply ordering, scheduling, associate timekeeping, intake, feeding, data entry, medication, parasite control, health related issues and sanitation, animal outcome, medical and behavior rehabilitation and needs, volunteer orientation and on site management, daily enrichment including in-kennel training, and population flow.
* Coordinate and monitor daily population intake between staff, partner groups, and volunteers to ensure safe and strategic decisions are made regarding new arrivals. Ensure new animals are moved through the intake process in a consistent and timely manner so they are quickly made available for adoption. This also includes ensuring empty suites are being filled promptly with animals that are being selected from the Animal Care Centers in New York City and/or other key regional areas. Further develop and implement strategy to use Lifesaving Center to support foster flow, as well as program's greater animal population wellness.
* Ensure that all center staff, partner groups, and volunteers are trained and are performing in conjunction with all agreements, memorandums of understanding, and policies and procedures of Best Friends Animal Society by updating and implementing standard operating procedures for all BFNY center areas. Staff and volunteer training shall also include awareness of Best Friends Animal Society's national work and priorities.
* Ensure that all center staff, partner groups, and volunteers comport themselves in a spirit of hospitality.
* Ensure any client, partner group, staff, or volunteer dissatisfaction is handled promptly and appropriately.
* Perform scheduling and payroll for all BFNY center areas and ensure that all time and attendance is correct and completed by deadline time and dates as well as ensuring schedules are posted a minimum of two weeks in advance for all areas.
* Partner with the HR representative to interview, hire, train, perform consistent and timely corrective action and terminate employees consistent with the organization's mission, contracts, philosophy, and law.
* Work within budgets and meet revenue goals as directed by executive team, plan and coordinate staffing, equipment, and facility needs.
* Facilitate payment of all invoices and bills related to the BFNY Lifesaving Center, and provide pertinent information to the Best Friends Animal Society Development Department for grants as necessary.
* Establish a preventative maintenance program to ensure the timely repair and/or replacement of center equipment; oversee the maintenance and ordering of an appropriate inventory of food and other center supplies.
* Oversee daily inventory of animals, ensure a consistent cash and deposit flow, and provide monthly statistical reports for the City and Regional Directors.
* Work with marketing staff and community engagement manager to organize special adoption promotions and community engagement activities including but not limited to monthly adoption promotions and sponsored fees for pets.
* Coordinate participation in Best Friends Events such as BFNY Super Adoption Weekend and mobile adoption events as assigned.
* Participate in weekly NY Program Team meetings at the downtown office in New York City.
* Other duties as assigned by the City Director
* Solid management and leadership experience.
* Background in the humane movement: 3 + years of experience working for a humane organization
* Proven ability to promote a positive work environment.
* Experience with overseeing general animal care and an adoption program preferred.
* Experience with leading teams.
* Experience with growing programs.
* Experience with training and cultivating volunteers.
* Experience with reviewing statistical information to inform program direction.
* Engaging and friendly interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with the public and various forms of media outlets on behalf of the organization.
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
* Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends Animal Society positions on issues.
* Dog training experience a plus.
* Proficiency with a variety of computer tools such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, database, internet research, etc. Experience with Shelterluv shelter software preferred.
* Valid driver's license with access to transportation for travel on organization business.
Physical and Job Requirements:
* Must be able to routinely lift 40-50 pounds.
* Must be physically able to perform strenuous manual labor.
* Effectively handle dogs and cats.
* Lifting and handling animals of varying sizes and breeds, bending, stooping, and walking on a daily basis.
* Work at a computer for extended periods of time to include repetitive typing, arm, and hand motion.
* Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department schedule: weekend work is required and also includes night, holiday, and on-call work.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.