We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover and shop for beauty and grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy and fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty and grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying and buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
As the Merchandising Intern, you will work closely with the Merchants and Merchant Associates to explore the sales process. You will provide support in a variety of different tasks, from sample organization and product testing to systems management and brand research. We work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where there is never a shortage of engaging, exciting work to take charge of!
The Merchandising Intern at Birchbox will:
* Update account information in Salesforce (contact information, current status/next steps, brand details)
* Log notes in Salesforce during brand calls
* Identify missing contact information (using LinkedIn, Google, etc) for new/dormant brands & entering information into Salesforce
* Organize the sample closet
* Assist Associates in managing samples/products between warehouse/cross teams
* Manage conference room scheduling conflicts
* Proof-read decks & print materials for in-person meetings
* Manage sending boxes to brands using UPS
* Be responsible for other ad hoc Merchant projects as needed
A successful Birchbox Merchandising Intern candidate should:
* Be currently enrolled in a college or University program and be eligible to receive credit for internships
* Be a self-starter who can take direction but work independently
* Have an interest in the beauty industry and in a client-facing role
* Own the mentality that \"no job is too small\"
* Be approachable and positive
* Show a genuine interest and understanding of the Birchbox value proposition
* Previous internship experience in an office environment preferred, but not required
Please note this internship is for credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate a maximum of 40 hours per week throughout the summer.