Guide the financial future of a retail giant as you work collaboratively with every part of the organization to fund innovation, evaluate business impact, and manage multi-year budgets; our accounting and finance team makes it happen.
The Senior Analyst will have ownership of financial planning and analysis for Bloomingdale's Outlets. The Senior Analyst will be responsible the creation and maintenance of financial models, forecasts, and reporting. This individual will be accountable for providing sound financial analysis to support development of the Bloomingdale's Outlets overall business strategy, drawing insights from internal accounting and financial reports, and communicating findings to key stakeholders. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Leverage analytics and intuition to accelerate innovation. Evaluate the Bloomingdale's expense structure and identify opportunities for cost savings. Elevate findings to Finance management to exploit opportunities and mitigate risks.
* Lead the corporate development of capital expenditure requests for new stores and renovations by building financial valuation models (DCF, IRR, ROIC, & NPV) in order to maximize capital investment value and achieve the company's vision of its store/channel portfolio.
* Collaborate for impact. Build partnerships with senior level management in Construction, Real Estate, Store Design, Outlets and Properties Accounting. The role becomes an integral part of a project life cycle to maximize profitability.
* Complete the month end financial forecast and close process for Bloomingdales Outlet stores and portions of Bloomingdale's Department stores, including the preparation and documentation of forecasts, journal entries, financial statement review and commentary to senior management highlighting variances to the financial plan.
* Develop seasonal, annual, and long range business plans by collaborating with business partners across the enterprise. Analyze real estate costs including rent, real estate taxes, common area maintenance, depreciation and amortization. Calculate new store budgets for operating and non-operating costs associated with new stores and renovations.
* Provide analytic as well as technical support for the Bloomingdale's forecasting and planning user group.
* Audit and publish monthly financial statements including store P&Ls to the organization.
* Additional special assignments and ad hoc analyses as needed.
* Train and develop a Staff Accountant.
* Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field required.
* Minimum of two years of experience in financial planning and analysis/accounting
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
* This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
* May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
* Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
* May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
* Knowledge of One Stream a plus
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Associated topics: analyse, bi, business analytic, business finance, business systems analyst, examiner, financial reporting analyst, law, monitor, valuation analyst