The Vice President is a key player on and across deal teams, collaborating and generating solutions to current and perspective clients within sector markets. As a sector and deal structuring expert, the Vice President will actively manage business development opportunities and oversee ongoing monitoring of client portfolio performance to maximize penetration and return. The Vice President achieves various partnering efforts, including management of the team and client initiatives, to ensure successful deal completion.
Business Development & Delivery
* Collaborate with sector coverage partners to cover clients and prospects and to identify/ deliver creative, timely solutions.
* Actively manage opportunities within sector portfolios.
* Operate as key member of the deal team with efforts to maximize sector penetration and returns.
* Institute cross-selling initiatives to increase ranking with client.
* Provide deal structuring expertise.
* Negotiate transactions with clients.
* Maintain awareness of all firm products and services offered and facilitate means of receiving continuous updates.
* Prepare/oversee delivery of creative and timely \"pitches\".
* Obtain credit concurrence and coordinate pricing approval as client advocate.
Sales Support and Partnerships
* Maintain key ongoing coverage contact with lending clients and sector managers.
* Work with specialists as needed to support successful deal completion.
Management of Team and Team Workflow
* Effectively manage work flow of analysts and associates by aligning tasks with departmental goals and objectives.
* Lead team to success by capturing opportunities for ongoing mentoring, coaching, and career development of analysts and associates.
* An undergraduate degree. Focal areas of finance, economics, or accounting preferred.
* Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in investment banking, negotiating and structuring financial transactions. This should include some experience in a corporate lending environment developing business.
* Relevant Business Services Sector experience is highly desired.
* Good knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
* Excellent abilities in business development and cross-selling success. Solid proven sales capability.
* Highly developed written and oral communication skills including the ability to create and deliver professional product ideas and presentations.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools including MS Excel. Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office products and the Internet.
* Strong interpersonal skills used within a team environment and in client interaction with emphasis on excelling in relationship building.
* Ability to advocate persuasively.
* Ability to work under limited supervision.
* Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
* Excellent capability to independently and proactively service multiple clients and effectively manage multiple priorities.
* Proven abilities in managerial and leadership skills.
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do ? helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future?the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one ? for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Associated topics: analyst, audit, bank, cash, cpa, expense, finance, financial, kpmg, revenue