At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft's Hartford Service Center offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 19 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
In your role, you will:
- Serve as customer primary point-of-contact in daily communications, coordinating, and follow-up for items such as time/labor/material quotes, preliminary invoices, progress updates, customer approval and debrief on work packages, resolution of squawks, and warranty issues. Upsells additional work to Customer.
- Perform Project Management duties for multiple aircraft to include identification of potential risks and management of constraints. Price codes, work orders, reviews labor charges, builds, reviews, and delivers Pro Forma invoice to Customer.
- Execute and maintain schedule through aircraft delivery and follow-up. Monitor and oversee work flow to ensure work package is on schedule and within budget, including shop floor efficiency.
- Facilitate status meetings with all departments and shops; update daily reports on status of aircraft
- Assist and coordinate special programs (i.e., Smart Parts, ESP, MSP, Honeywell, and Warranty) with Planning, Invoice Analysts and Materials.
- Review, approve, and sign final customer invoice as needed, (i.e., review margin analysis, warranty negotiations, and revision of service orders (SVOs)
- Perform post work package activities, (i.e., customer follow-up calls, resolve customer issues after departure).
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding facility financial objectives on all projects. Issues and collects DPRs, reviews payment terms with Customer
As our ideal candidate,
- You have at least 5 years of experience in working in aircraft maintenance environment or substantial similar experience
- You have a minimum 2 years of customer project management experience or 2 years of supervisory or lead experience or substantial similar experience
- You have working knowledge of regulatory governance FAA, EASA, or Transport Canada, for example, part 91, 121, 135 & 145
- You have working knowledge of aircraft maintenance inspection programs
- You have working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules and regulations as they apply to workplace safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations.
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of management team, and other departments
- You have customer service skills necessary to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse crisis situations with internal and external customers and maintain mutually beneficial customer relations
- You have strong verbal and written communications skills
- You have planning and organization skills necessary to plan, prioritize and coordinate workload within a multiple project setting
- You have computer skills necessary to learn and / or operate, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, project, email and web-based applications as well as operating systems used to manage the maintenance work
- You have a 4 year college degree - preferred
- You have an A&P license or otherwise appropriately certificated under FAR Part 65 - preferred
- You have the ability to demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills with the ability to develop people and build a strong team - preferred
- You have working knowledge of SAP and Pivotal maintenance transactions - preferred
- You have working knowledge with ISO/OHSAS management system and resources - preferred
- You have basic acumen of accounting and budgeting principles necessary to read and interpret profit/loss statements, financial reports, and meet financial objectives for assigned area and programs - preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.