ABOUT THE ROLE
The Brand Manager, Soap & Glory is a key role in the organization whose primary role is to manage all aspects of the delivery of brand programs to market and to partner with the Senior Director on the development of the brand strategies and programs in service of delivering the brand's financial and health goals. The BM will need to be a strong business partner to Sales, Finance, Supply Chain as well as matrixed colleagues in the UK and Walgreens and external partners/agencies. The Brand Manager will focus on delivering all identified objectives for the organization while managing North American marketing activities specific to Soap & Glory.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with brand and cross functional teams on the development of the brand s annual plans to deliver financial and brand goals:
- Participate & be responsible for the development and delivery of the brand s Integrated Activity Plan (IAP), by partnering with cross functional members of the Global Brands Americas team, Global Marketing & Walgreens.
- Work with Senior Brand Director on the development of the marketing calendar and strategies for new product launches and existing products
- Support the development of local consumer profiles and understanding of triggers and barriers to purchase
- Support and own parts of the creation and execution of comprehensive multichannel brand plans to include: strategy, tactics, reporting measures and specific objectives
- Be a key contact for agency partners and develop agency briefings lead aspects of the creation and execution of programs
- Maintain seasonal Marketing calendar; largely responsible for consistently updating entire team on any changes to annual calendar
- Responsible for the development of marketing presentations and materials for internal and external usage
- Manage category initiative in partnership with cross-functional teams: progress and track the development of all product initiatives; and ensure timely launch within cost/margin objectives
- Work closely with retail marketing team to analyze retail performance of marketing initiatives, competitive activity and market trends to identify sales opportunities
- Assist and collaborate to create 360 product launch strategies with strong emphasis on brand messages, visuals, social media and content for campaigns
- Manage budget tracking for all marketing functions including creative, product development, digital and brand marketing
- Build competitive research analysis across all product forms and collect data in order to analyze promotional programs
- Support pricing analysis/strategy
- Act as the gate keeper of brand DNA; ensure consistent brand voice and global image across all consumer touchpoints
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s degree, MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in marketing with beauty experience, with increasing responsibility
- Strong project management skills; impeccable attention to detail, organization, prioritization, and analytic skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage complexity
- Must have strong leadership ability with experience working with varying levels of seniority (domestically and internationally) - dynamic, flexible, positive attitude, and team spirit
- Self-Starter attitude, entrepreneurial spirit, and ability to move quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong strategic, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Experience /knowledge in emerging digital/social media platforms
- Excellent written, verbal and virtual communication skills
- Proven interpersonal skills with strong coaching and leadership skills for team development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel minimally (domestically and internationally).
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Delivery of all plans to market and to partners on time and in full
- IAP complete for brands with 80% of activities having measurable goals
- 360 evaluation by cross functional peers
- Delivery of annual financial goals
- Deliver of annual brand health goals
Diversity and inclusion is at the center of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.