Reporting to the Managing Partner, Chief Executive Officer, United States (\"US\"), the Vice President, Human Resources (\"HR\") will be responsible for overseeing the HR function of the U.S. operations of Brookfield Renewable Partners L.P. This role will be part of the leadership team for the U.S. operating business and will be based in New York City. The incumbent will lead a team of HR professionals and will work in close collaboration with head of functions to identify and implement business strategies, HR initiatives and organizational changes. The culture of the organization is dynamic and fast paced, and requires a strategic mind-set as well as a hands-on, close to the business approach.
* Develop and implement HR programs and services that are aligned with the current and future needs of the business;
* Design and execute recruitment strategies to attract the talent required to meet the ongoing needs of the business;
* Review the compensation philosophy and ensure that the compensation approach is aligned with the business and is market competitive;
* Manage HR programs and processes across the organization, including performance management, compensation planning, and succession planning, and identify opportunities for improvements;
* Provide client service and advice on employee relations matters and human resources issues; oversee labour relations and negotiations of collective agreements for unionised employees;
* Design and implement learning and development programs and approaches to support the development of employees and meet business requirements;
* Oversee the administration of group benefits and pension plans; review benefit programs and pension plans, ensuring that the plans in place are competitive and meet the evolving needs of the business while developing strategies that drive efficiencies and cost reductions;
* Develop and adapt HR policies, ensuring compliance with local regulations in the various jurisdictions in which we operate;
* Oversee all aspects of the HR due diligence process for potential acquisitions; develop and implement integration plans for new employees in the context of acquisitions;
* Ensure that all HR related internal controls are in place to meet compliance requirements and that HR processes are administered diligently to maintain compliance in a dynamic environment;
* Manage relocation processes and programs and ensure smooth transition of transferred employees or new hires;
* Provide leadership and coaching to the HR team.
* Experience working with senior leaders who are driving the business; able to consult and advise on a diverse set of priorities that involve human capital;
* \"Take charge mentality\" with the ability to provide clear direction, inspire confidence with a view to delivering results and quick action;
* \"Hands on\" and \"close to the business\" approach;
* A strong strategic mindset coupled with solid HR operational skills;
* Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities;
* Ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely, adjusting the message to the audience;
* Experience managing and driving for organizational and cultural change;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
* Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships, and influence others across all levels of the organization;
* Ability to present clear advice and practical solutions;
* Ability to provide direction and coaching to facilitate the development of team members across the organization.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or in a related field. Advanced degree and/or additional Human Resources coursework and/or certifications preferred;
* Progressive, increasingly impactful and senior experience in a Human Resources management role with expertise across the various areas of human resources, including talent acquisition and management, compensation and benefits, organizational development and employee relations.
Associated topics: administrator, associate director, chief human resource officer, guide, head, lead, manager, president, senior associate, senior director
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.