Assistant Store Manager- New York, NY - New York - 10007
21 Warren St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
As the country's oldest clothing retailer, Brooks Brothers is proud to uphold the same traditions and values for nearly two centuries. We believe these are the reasons why our customers consider us to be far more than a store. Brooks Brothers has been an American icon since 1818. In 1915, our present ten-story flagship store opened at 346 Madison Avenue near New York's most prominent social organizations, including the Harvard and Yale Clubs and the New York Yacht Club. Almost 200 years later, we continue to dress ladies and gentleman of all generations and cultivate long-term relationships with our loyal clients. Our stores represent our respect for our heritage and vision to be the premiere lifestyle destination. We continually strive to make this a great place to work with a strong emphasis on career development and associate satisfaction. We are consistently devoted to championing both our people and the Brooks Brothers Brand.
We are seeking an Assistant Store Manager for our Madison Avenue Flagship in New York, NY
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) ensures the Vision, Mission, Core Values, Store Sales Goals, Performance Expectations, Customer Experience and Talent Promise initiatives are consistently executed.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager is accountable for supervising a Brooks Brothers Retail Store, achieving top line sales plan results and 4-wall profitability. The ASM will leverage business intelligence from our Store Operations Group to drive localized business. As a strong leader and role model exemplifying the company's core values (relationships, innovation, history, fairness, service and celebration), the ASM will champion Company initiatives, attract, retain and develop top talent. The ASM will strongly influence store leaders and a team of Professional Sales Associates with proven people leadership, merchandising, clienteling, selling and budgeting acumen.
The ASM drives sales performance by demonstrating the following core competencies:
Takes ownership by proactively setting and pursuing high standards of performance for self and/or others, with respect to business development activities.
Seeks creative ways to deliver business results through client engagement and loyalty:
Delivers exceptional in-store client experience by presenting self, brand, and products in a way that connects with customers and offers products
or services that meet customer needs and encourage purchases. Leverages all available resources to improve personal sales proficiency, with the objective to achieve sales goals and improve the client experience.
Takes full ownership for managing the store in an operationally effective manner, regularly exceeds targets for key store metrics.
Builds and develops the store team, making appropriate decisions about human capital, associate performance and staffing levels. Takes action to acquire, develop, retain, and grow the store talent
* Plan, drive and control sales performance, shrink and payroll to exceed goals.
* Establish store's productivity goals vs results for Team to achieve sales plan.
* Ability to attract, retain and develop top talent
* Coach, counsel and inspire Team of Store Associates to consistently drive sales results at a local level.
* Establish, demonstrate and teach customer satisfaction practices to Associates.
* Train and update Associates on product knowledge, selling and operational skills.
* Ensure brand expectation through proper visual presentation of fixtures and product.
* Champion corporate social Responsibility efforts by fostering community relationships.
* Ability to attract, retain and develop top talent with strong sales leadership.
* Proven innovative thinking and demonstrated ability to engage, inspire and influence at all levels.
* Passion for building and sustaining long term relationships that consistently optimize the customer experience and in turn deliver profitable results.
* Embrace consumer and technological trends-online shopping/social media/POS systems.
* High level of personal integrity with a commitment to learning and professional growth.
* 2+ years of previous retail management experience in a luxury retail/commission environment.
* Ability to manage a culturally diverse team, bilingual skills preferred.
* Degree preferred but not required.
Brooks Brothers is proud to offer our Associates competitive compensation, a fulfilling work environment, unique and special benefits and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.
The Brooks Brothers culture is rooted in our values of relationships, innovation, history, fairness and celebration and our vision to be the premiere lifestyle destination for ladies and gentleman for every generation. We are proud to offer our Associates a fulfilling work environment, unique and special benefits and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.
We invite you to submit your resume for immediate consideration.
The Talent Acquisition Team of Brooks Brothers
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to a healthy and safe workplace for all.
We Value and Respect Each Other by Providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Brooks Brothers is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or Associate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
#LI-AG1P Associated topics: department supervisor, director, leader, manage, manager, manager retail, sales lead, senior manager, shift supervisor, supervisor Associated topics: assistant manager, director, general manager, principal, senior manager, shift supervisor, store manager, store supervisor, supervisor, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.