- Brown Brothers Harriman
- $118,595.00 -104,500.00/year*
10 Bayside Terrace
Operations Intermediate Specialist- Funds Transfer
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as an Operations Intermediate Specialist
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Operations Intermediate Specialist to join our Funds Transfer team. In this role you will be responsible for resolving Funds Transfer inquiries and breaks related to wire transfers. These items are received directly from external clients, other departments or through break reporting. S/he will research and respond to inquiries using all available resources. This includes researching within the system, seeking advice from coworkers and contacting BBH s correspondents. The incumbent will be expected to provide excellent client service through exceptional written and verbal communication, timely resolution turnarounds and quality results. A successful candidate must demonstrate an understanding for delivering high levels of customer satisfaction along with the ability to think beyond the immediate need/inquiry and developing solutions to prevent the inquiry in the future. This position requires a high degree of sensitivity to client needs and issues as well as a desire for getting to the bottom of things.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
1. Client Relations Provide superior client service through excellent written and verbal communications with the client or BBH employee. Keep the client informed via periodic status updates (generally in Inquiry Manager) throughout the life of the inquiry particularly for items going over multiple days. Ensure responses are completed before or within established turn around time standards set by FT Management. Build and maintain relationships with clients, coworkers and BBH s correspondents at all levels in order to be able to provide excellent client service and quality responses. Ensure all established FT deadlines and regulatory requirements are being met.
2. Conflict Resolution In timely manner, investigate and resolve cases received via Inquiry Manager, swift, fax, phone or break reporting. These inquiries have a wide range of complexity. They can require the specialist to simply provide a copy of an instruction or it can require the specialist to investigate a potential error and recommend corrective action. The specialist needs to thoroughly investigate the client s inquiry, providing them a resolution and ensure the appropriate corrective transactions are executed if necessary. S/he should use all available resources such as Keystone, TLM, Merva or BIDS to find the solution. When necessary, the specialist should involve and interact with other BBH departments to resolve the item. As inquiries may remain open over several days, it is necessary to be detail oriented and follow up on open inquiries in a timely manner. This follow up consists of providing the client status updates as well as ensuring the BBH s correspondents are providing any necessary information to resolve the item in a timely manner. Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure to the firm and client.
3. Process/Productivity Improvement While searching for resolution on the particular inquiry, the specialist should question current processes, procedures and practices and work with Supervisor to bring about necessary changes and improvements in order to prevent the inquiry from happening again. In general, the specialist should also look to enhance the productivity of the unit by recommending changes to systems, processes and procedures within the group. As FT management reviews all errors to identify areas of improvement, the specialist will be required to Identify inquiries related to errors and help document them. The specialist will need to be detail oriented and organized. At times, cases are handed off to another specialist and it is important for them to clearly and easily understand what has been done to date to identify a resolution.
Qualifications: BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience. 2 to 3 years of industry experience. Demonstrated PC skills. Knowledge of one or more product areas within Operations and its process. Research, analysis and problem resolution skills. Ability to communicate professionally with all levels through effective verbal and written skills. Organizational skills and detail-oriented. Ability to multi-task. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure. Proactive self starter who is detail and goal oriented.
About our Company:
For nearly 200 years, Brown Brothers Harriman has provided expertise in Private Banking, Investment Management, and Investor Services. Located throughout 18 offices across the globe, we are committed to helping our clients navigate the increasingly complex global market by being their most valued, trusted and differentiated partner.
The loyalty we earn from our clients comes from two things: the quality of our people and the culture of our firm. That s why we invest so much time and energy in attracting and developing the very best talent globally. We hire bright, entrepreneurial individuals, educate them on our client s business, provide them the resources to succeed, and then give them the freedom to excel. This results in a diverse team of individuals who inspire each other to share their unique perspective while working together to discover the next great idea. Our deep respect for a healthy work-life balance drives our comprehensive total rewards package that helps our employees live their best life, grow personally and professionally, and get rewarded for the results they deliver.
What We Offer : Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself without leaving the firm A culture of inclusion that values each employee s unique perspective High-quality benefits program emphasizinggood health, financial security, and peace of mind Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.Full timeJersey City
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...