Want to be at the forefront of Healthcare PR? From \"first-in-class\" medical devices to drug therapies that are changing and saving lives, BCW's Healthcare Practice supports clients with products on the cutting edge of science and medicine. Our practice is growing and looking for qualified candidates to join our award-winning team. If you want to learn and grow with a group of creative, strategic and passionate professionals, we'd like to meet you.
Senior Associate/Manager, Healthcare Public Relations, Washington, D.C./New York
We are looking for a new member to join our inspiring, hard-working team that supports communication efforts for a global
biopharmaceutical company's immunotherapy medicines. Immunotherapy (using the body's own immune system to fight cancer) is quickly becoming the new standard of care for treating cancer, and this team is honored to work alongside the scientists who are making amazing strides towards cures in multiple tumor types.
We are searching for a mid-level public relations professional who wants to be a leader. We will empower you to run the day-to-day team, report in to the Senior Director and be the confidant of the client. This is a large team so there will be a need to coordinate with managers working on other parts of the business and we will count on you to identify trends, provide continuity to the account at large and support and mentor the junior team.
This is a critical role for our team and we will work with you to ensure that you not only succeed on this team, but in your long-term future with the company.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Acting as the day-to-day client contact.
* Developing and cultivating relationships with clients & external audiences.
* Supervising media monitoring, press release development, deck and content calendar development, social media monitoring reports, and addressing other day-to-day client needs.
* Managing account administration such as billing and financial reporting.
* Recommending and implementing initiatives that will improve the public's perception of the client.
* Partnering with client and potentially other communications firms to develop and complete communications plans.
* Developing original research, surveys and market studies for existing and new business proposals.
* Participating in solving practice management issues and providing input to defining the direction of the practice.
* Developing digital strategies based on business objectives and incorporating them into broader communications planning.
Our Healthcare Practice supports clients across the spectrum of the healthcare industry: pharmaceutical brands and companies across a number of therapeutic areas; medical device manufactures; insurance companies needing support to communication issues related to market access; pricing and value; providers and hospital systems focused on volume, reputation, mergers or innovation; non-profits and policy think-tanks communicating issues related to topics vital to their organizations that may include access, disease awareness or regulatory issues. Most of our clients consist of large pharma companies.
* Minimum of 5 years of previous public relations work experience.
* Seasoned writing skills; ability to write for senior-level management and audiences.
* Ability to supervise and motivate account staff, and creative problem-solving skills.
* Ability to develop and deliver presentations and produce program outlines for creative brainstorms.
* Strong understanding of social and paid media strategies and how digital fits into the broader communications landscape.
* Ability to coach and educate account staff on best practices on key social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest), especially with paid media and social media monitoring.
* Experience translating social media data into valuable recommendations and insights based on the client's broader business objectives.
* Strong strategic-thinking skills, and the ability to handle and manage stressful situations.
* Ability to develop and present new business pitches, and strong project-management skills.
* Proven relationships with the media and familiarity with the newest media outlets.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Previous experience in a public relations agency.
* Interest in immuno-oncology and pharmaceutical communications.
BCW is one of the world's largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world's leader in communications services.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce. Our organization participates in E-Verify. More information can be found here. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
Associated topics: blood collection, medical, medical lab science, medical technologist, mls, mlt, sample collection, technician iii, technician iv, technician laboratory