Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
* Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management * Deeply knowledgeable in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc. * Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there * Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
We currently have a great opportunity for a Finance and Operations Manager to join our Finance team in New York City.
Let's Get Down to Business
Capco is looking for a Finance and Operations Manager who will provide direct support for the financial activities of the region. The Finance and Operations Manager is critical support to the US Lead and US Controller in all areas of Finance/Operations.
The Finance and Operations Manager helps manage the financial controls and internal reporting needs and focuses on achieving increased profitability for the Region. This individual is also responsible for assisting in analytical support including advanced Excel modelling, KPI reporting and operational process improvement.
Fitting that description, you will also need to be supremely personally motivated to work in a team where clients become colleagues too.
Responsibilities of a Finance and Operations Manager include:
* Act as a financial business advisor to Leadership Team * Improve financial status of the P&L by analyzing results, monitoring variances and recommending actions to the Leadership Team * Coordinate and support the preparation, review, and presentation of monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and long-term financial plans * Advise and support Partners on defining financial terms and rate-card structures in client contracts * Prepare and review project costing and pricing including advanced Excel modelling skills * Oversee an onshore & offshore team (6 people) * Lead training and provide guidance to Project Managers to drive operational excellence
* Bachelor's Degree in applicable field (Business, Economics, Engineering) * 7+ years' experience in the financial services or consulting industry * General understanding of basic accounting principles (US GAAP) * Strong organization skills with keen attention to details * Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with all level and be a team player * Comfortable working in a client-facing environment with individuals at all levels within an organization including Senior Leadership
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, projects that will transform the financial services industry.
* A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees * Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise * A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients * A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
Associated topics: associate director, chief investment officer, controller, director, director finance, operational manager, president, president finance, senior director, staff
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.