Software Development Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Req ID: 31142
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): Irvine (CA); Los Angeles (CA); Los Angeles West (CA)
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
The Software Development Engineer II will be an important member of Investment Group Technologies, a new and rapidly growing team within Capital Group. The SDE II will build best-in-class technologies that support all of Capital’s $1.8T+ in assets under management.
The role presents significant intellectual and technical challenges with enormous opportunity for business impact. Capital is expanding the use of data engineering and data science across every facet of the firm’s activities. Our core Investment Research and Management teams serve 55 million customers. Looking to the future, we are in a unique position to make an even bigger difference to these investors, harnessing our distinctive investment research process, built on 8 decades of proprietary data and research insights, and coupled with our data-grounded and customer-focused approach to building software. The ideal candidate for this individual contributor role will be passionate about our mission and driving for superior long-term investment results through the application of modern engineering and analytical methods.
As the Software Development Engineer for IGT:
- You are a significant and autonomous contributor.
- You write code that an SDE unfamiliar with the system can understand.
- You are efficient with resource usage (e.g. CPU, I/O, memory, etc.).
- You help the team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, ticket/metric reviews, and error reporting.
- You take on projects and make software enhancements that improve team software and processes.
- You train new teammates on how your team’s software is built, how it operates, how secure it is, and how it fits into the bigger picture.
- While you are an agent of change with a sense of urgency, you are respectful of what came before.
- BS in Computer Science or Technical field
- 3+ years’ experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++ or C#. Strong OO or Functional design skills with understanding of common design patterns.
- Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Knowledge of data stores, SQL and No-SQL.
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS3/TypeScript and at least one front-end framework (Vue.js, React.js, Angular).
- Experience with <100ms RESTful micro web services design and DaaS architecture.
- Experience with AWS services (S3, containers – ECS & EKS, ElasticSearch, Lambda).
- Willingness and ability to own all stages of development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support.
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Loading some great jobs for you...