- Capital One
- $85,995.00 -206,040.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
21 Warren St
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Vice President- Food, Beverage & Restaurant Leverage Lending Underwriting and Portfolio Management
Capital One is a Top 10 U.S. Commercial Bank that services a $65 billion loan portfolio and more than 6,100 clients. Capital One's Sponsor/Mid-Corp/U.S. Corp group finances medium to
large companies for mergers and acquisitions, corporate growth, recapitalizations, and re-financings. Within this group, Capital One's Food, Beverage & Restaurant group services an approximately $3 billion and growing loan portfolio.
We are looking for a Vice President level candidate with strong leveraged lending experience to provide underwriting & portfolio management leadership to cross-functional deal teams in
underwriting Food, Beverage, & Restaurant transactions, including sponsor-owned and non-sponsor-owned companies. This includes, but is not limited to, deal due diligence, approval,
negotiation, documentation, and portfolio management. You coach and develop junior underwriting professionals.
* Plays a key role completing and presenting credit approval memos, pre-screen memos, cash flow modeling, risk rating assessment, and collateral analysis.
* Leads or is directly involved in underwriting and documenting structured loan transactions.
* Performs underwriting diligence, including industry research, company research, identifying a borrower's performance drivers, projecting future corporate and asset performance and anticipated ability to repay debt, as well as assessing how stress cases impact the credit.
* Prepares risk assessments and presents senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate credit, legal, regulatory and other relevant risks.
* Maintain detailed financial models; develop sensitivity analysis around key economic drivers.
* Negotiates terms and conditions for transactions and works with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
* Maintain all operational aspects of a transaction from deal initiation to close.
* Evaluate risk/return dynamics for proposed transactions.
* Manages accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications.
* Coaches and develops junior team members.
* Partners with Relationship Managers to cultivate excellent client relationships. Exhibits a sense of urgency towards meeting client requests while also meeting acceptable risk parameters.
* Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures.
* Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
* At least 8 years of middle market banking underwriting experience
* At least 1 year of people management experience
* At least 3 years of leveraged lending experience
* At least 2 years of experience leading legal documentation negotiations
* Demonstrated superior leadership with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
* Able to work in a team environment, while interacting with multiple teams and multiple deals concurrently.
* Strong executive presence and communication skills.
* Strong background in financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
* High partnership and strong risk management orientation.
* Experience in Food, Beverage & Restaurant leveraged lending sector
* Masters Degree and/or CFA
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Associated topics: chief investment officer, controller, director, director finance, general manager, general operations manager, recruit, staff, supervise, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.