The Assistant Teacher will assist the Teacher to plan and execute age and developmentally appropriate activities reflecting the Montessori curriculum. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assist the Teacher to maintain the written documentation/reports in order to meet compliance standards of CCNS, ACS, DOH, CACFP, and other overseeing agencies relevant to NYFD; help to facilitate parent involvement in all aspects of the program and promote positive growth and professional development. The candidate will adhere to policies and procedures established by CCNS, ACS, DOH, DOE, and CACFP and comply with procedural norms and standards of attendance, punctuality, and confidentiality relevant to HIPAA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensures a learning environment based on the Montessori approach that helps the children develop, physically, emotionally, socially, cognitively, and creatively.
* Supervises the implementation of activities that will promote social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and creative development of children.
* Adhere to all funding source Performance standards in addition to the Agency mandates of Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services, Inc.
* Assumes responsibility for the operation of the classroom, in the absence of the Teacher, thus holding the Teacher Aide accountable to their duties and responsibilities.
* Shares information regarding children and the program with parents via daily contact and informal/formal interfacings, home visits, newsletters, etc.
* Encourage parents in their role as their children’s primary teachers by acting as resource person (i.e.: disseminating information, actively listening to parents, offering suggestions, etc.).
* Elicits input from Teacher Aide to complete written observations, progress reports, outcomes reporting, CROWD, and other documents relevant to the tracking of children’s progress.
* Participates in regularly scheduled staff & team meetings, classroom development workshops on and off site as well as trainings conducted by CCNS, DOE, and other funders.
* Establishes and maintains positive relationships with parents/families via open communications, training and other developmental activities.
* Adheres to all funding source standards in addition to the Agency (Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services, Inc.) Policies and Procedures, seeks guidance/clarification from Program Manager regarding interpretation, applicability, and implementation.
* Strictly adheres to, and enforces, the Agency policy regarding Confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
* Works closely with parents to foster mutual respect on all levels.
* Assists Teacher in performing center- related services/activities such as parent/teacher conferences, home visits, transition meetings, end of year celebrations, etc. Shares job related knowledge with team members so as to promote and support their professional growth.
* Encourages parents to visit classrooms to observe as well as volunteer during the course of the day.
* Assists Teacher utilize information obtained via observations, conference, tracking, etc. to design developmentally appropriate and individualized lesson plans.
* Notifies immediate supervisor in the event of an unplanned absence (illness, personal emergencies, etc.).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
* BA or BS degree in Education or 60 credits including 24 credits in Education preferred.
* Minimum of a High School Diploma required.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* 2 years teaching experience in a pre-school classroom preferred
* Montessori trained or must commit to enroll in the Agency’s Montessori training program within the first year of hire and complete the training as required.
* Excellent oral & written communication in English,
* Excellent organizational, team player, and computer proficiency skills required.
* Ability to use teach and play equipment .
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing, stooping, kneeling crawling, crouching.
* Occasional running.
* Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* Should be able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, office equipment, audio visual aids, and teach and play equipment.
* Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
Great Hearts is a growing non-profit network of tuition-free public charter schools currently serving over 17,000 students in in Phoenix, San Antonio…Read More
Temp - Asst Coordinator STEM Teacher Externships ProgramRequisition 52014If you seek information or an accommodation due to a disability, please cont…Read More
BELLEVUE PUBLIC SCHOOLSBellevue Public Schools is accepting applications.Openings include: Elementary PrincipalHS Asst. Principal P.E.MathEnglishScie…Read More
Norfolk Public Schools2020 - 2021 School Year Openings: Administrative Positions Assistant Principal - Senior High School Elementary Principal - West…Read More
Education Service Unit #13 is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions: Director of Special Projects School Psychologist Speech Lang…Read More
JOB #1107: Vista High School - Music Teacher-Instrumental (Position is for the start of the 2020-2021 School Year and includes leading both the March…Read More