With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ and MHM are together ranked as one of the top accounting services providers in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses and the not-for-profit sector. MHM, an independent CPA firm, provides high quality audit and assurance services and works closely with CBIZ, an accounting, tax and consulting services provider. CBIZ and MHM are members of Kreston International Limited, a global network of independent accounting firms.
The Denver office of CBIZ MHM now operates under the name CBIZ Seff, reflecting the national depth of CBIZ and MHM and the local knowledge and commitment of The Seff Group, P.C. CBIZ and MHM and The Seff Group, P.C. joined forces in November 2016 to meet our clients attest, tax and public accounting needs locally, nationally and globally. Together, we out local other national firms and out national other local firms. We are known for our local, high-touch and high quality client service and professional expertise.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann, P.C. has immediate openings for a Tax Senior Associate.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Tax seniors are responsible for tax compliance, associate development, management of client relationships, and some direct client contact. Seniors are expected to competently handle a wide variety of tax compliance issues
- Tax Seniors contribute to activities at the senior level including interfacing with associates for project management, time management, and general supervision and guidance
- They are responsible for keeping current on and possessing sound knowledge of Taxation Codes and Regulations
- They will participate in training and developing staff and building a team-centered client service team; monitor client issues related to compliance services and maintain a consistently high quality tax solution; and monitor engagement status and profitability as well as attending to clients expectations
- Seniors will be responsible for preparing and reviewing federal and state tax returns for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations, and individuals
- Other tax compliance responsibilities may include IRS audit assistance, tax notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns
- Minimum 3 years Public Accounting experience with a tax focus
- High degree of self-motivation and self-investment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including effective English language speaking and writing skills
- Committed to excellence and dedication
- Willingness to learn and be challenged
- Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Able to effectively communicate with clients and team-members
- Displays sound business and professional judgment
- Possesses initiative, is proactive and a self-starter
- Works well under pressure and client deadlines
- Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION
Associated topics: analyse, analysis, bi, business finance, forecasting, guidance, investment analyst, investment analytics, market, monitor