Louis Perry Group - Safety Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
IMPORTANT NOTE: this position could be located at one of our project sites throughout the continental United States (100% travel). Work location and duration is project-dependent.
OUTLINE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide technical guidance, training and inspection/risk analysis to construction personnel to ensure compliance with the PGL Occupational Safety & Health Policy Manual.
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Particular responsibilities may vary from project to project; however, they essentially include:
-Provides overall Safety and Health direction for projects.
-Responsible for PGL overall Safety Program daily (i.e. administration of the PGL Occupational Safety & Health Policy Manual, Training, Job Safety Analysis, etc.).
-Documents accidents/incidents as well as near misses and issues the documentation accordingly.
-Perform accident/incident investigations to identify root cause and generate recommendations to reduce or eliminate hazards.
-Perform follow-up investigations to verify effectiveness.
-Plan, organize, develop and implement various required occupational safety training.
-Develop, review and revise written safety related plans.
-Ensures all field personnel adhere to all PGL, client and project safety policies, procedures, etc. (verifies all PGL personnel are properly trained).
-Maintains official documentation files for all projects.
-Prepare regulatory required reports to outside enforcement agencies when applicable.
-Provide safety orientation to new personnel arriving at job site.
-Conduct project safety orientation at beginning of construction to all contractors and construction personnel.
-Provides daily safety reports.
-Performs daily job site inspections and uses the Daily Inspection Checklist.
-Provide construction photographs, when applicable, to safety issues.
Louis Perry Group - Safety Manager
CDM Smith Employment Type:
- One (1) or more years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree or,
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience with an Associate Degree or,
- Five (5) or more years of experience with a High School diploma or equivalent.
The Bachelor's or Associate Degree must be in Engineering, Construction Management or similar technical field.
- ability and desire to travel, as this position could be located at one of our project sites throughout the continental United States (100% travel). Work location and duration are project-dependent.
- experience in heavy industrial / heavy commercial markets (power, oil and gas, food and beverage, chemical, metals and mining)
- OSHA certification (10, 30, etc.)
The Louis Perry Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed Louis Perry Group Placement Agreement from the Louis Perry Group Recruiting Lead to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the Louis Perry Group staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to the Louis Perry Group and any resume submitted to any employee outside of the Louis Perry Group's Recruiting Lead will be considered property of the Louis Perry Group. The Louis Perry Group will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Why Louis Perry?:
Louis Perry & Associates:
Built on a foundation of strong values, high morals, integrity and passion, Louis Perry & Associates will not only provide you with a rewarding career but the encouragement and tools to become a success.
More than being one of the largest and fastest growing engineering and architectural firms in the nation, Louis Perry & Associates also offers a world of opportunity. From training courses and seminars to state-of-the-art technology and a stable, supportive corporate environment, we're committed to providing the best for our employees and securing the continued success of our company
The Perry Group:
The Perry Group is a full-service, design/build, general construction and construction management firm and a specialized equipment systems manufacturer. Over the past twelve years, we have built, fabricated and managed nearly $1 billion worth of construction and equipment projects.
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Necessary to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Extensive knowledge of hazard/risk analysis to apply EPA, OSHA, NFPA regulations to address moderate to highly complex health/safety issues.
- Knowledge of training techniques, laws, codes, and regulations pertaining to environmental health and safety.
- Strong knowledge of safety management.
- Strong computer aptitude.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of construction; knowledge of procedures for production of construction.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Work overtime as required.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Team player, dependable, gets along with coworkers.
Loading some great jobs for you...