Outreach and Education Specialist (Spanish Bilingual)
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position is accountable for conducting ongoing outreach with various stakeholders to generate qualified referrals for the Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) program.? The Outreach & Education Specialist will directly build relationships with referral partners to create engagement opportunities with prospective enrollees and their caregivers.?? All activities will support the organization?s goal of increasing program awareness among targeted communities, building word-of-mouth advocacy within relevant demographics, and building key partnerships.
- Educate prospective community leaders, providers, participants/caregivers and other audiences on relevant PACE program benefits, identifying differentiators from other healthcare options, and isolating key value propositions in relation to audience group and specific needs.
- Provide program education through lectures, presentations, events, meetings or other necessary communications with community and business stakeholders to facilitate PACE referral generation.
- Support PACE site events by identifying community partners or other resources to visit CenterLight locations, and providing education/technical/administrative support for planning and execution.
- Maintain a regular presence at assigned PACE sites to include, but not limited to, attending IDT meetings and events to increase program and care delivery knowledge; frequently communicating with staff for community development intelligence gathering; interacting with PACE participants for program experience feedback/suggestions; provide site tours for prospects; and to coordinate events.
- Perform necessary administrative functions of the program to include, but not limited to, developing informational handouts/packets, following up on referrals and appointments, and regular tracking and reporting of daily activities.
- Closely follow and track all generated referrals to consistently measure and evaluate individual performance and effectiveness, leading to continuous improvement in outreach efforts to maximize referral opportunities.
- Directly assist intake activities as necessary, including general qualification screening, documentation collection, benefit education/applications, site tours, home visits, and other follow-up to aid in the enrollment or education of a prospect.
- Regularly develop and plan in advance a weekly schedule of outreach activities in alignment with outreach strategies and targets as advised by management.
- Advise marketing team as needed in the development of promotional messaging and marketing collateral.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable CMS, DOH and PACE-specific guidelines, including organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor?s degree required.
- Education/training in clinical disciplines (nursing, rehabilitation, social work, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in healthcare business development; preferably in managed long-term care.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience utilizing CRM or other database platforms/tools preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook required; Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Knowledge of PACE program benefits a plus.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Written and verbal fluency in a secondary language required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be a skilled public speaker, willing and comfortable to present in front of audiences.
- Familiarity with healthcare organizations and general population dynamics within the greater New York Metropolitan region a plus.
- Willingness to travel throughout the greater NYC metropolitan region (80% of the time).
- Positive attitude and outlook with the ability to multi-task in a constantly changing environment.
- Works inside at office locations and outside in varied weather conditions in all areas of the community, using private or public means of transportation.
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time and ascend/descend stairs.
Loading some great jobs for you...