Director of Patient Services
Centers Home Health Care of Otsego is seeking an experienced Director of Patient Services (DPS) to lead our dynamic home health care team. Centers Home Health Care is an established long-term home health care/certified home health care agency in the community. Centers Home Health Care is located in Cooperstown, NY, and services in Otsego County.
* The DPS is responsible for planning, coordination, management, and supervision of all nursing and professional services in conjunction with the Administrator in accordance with federal and state regulations, accrediting bodies, and recognized standards of care
* Serves as an expert resource for the agency, providing leadership and guidance to the multidisciplinary team providing direct patient care.
* Implements policies and procedures; goals and objectives; and standards of care relevant to patient services and staff functions.
* Maintains staffing levels as needed to provide patient care to meet changing demands for patient acuity. Ensures schedules provide proper coverage for patient care needs.
* Directs and supports the Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement activities, including evaluation, planning, and implementation.
* Works closely and communicates with the Administrator to ensure the highest quality of care to patients, efficient operations, business development, and financial stewardship. Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
* Responsible for retaining quality staff by appropriately hiring, orienting, training, evaluating and disciplining staff within established policy. Assists in the development and implementation of orientation and ongoing training programs provided for HHA staff.
* Communicates and coordinates with physician's offices, payers, patients/families, outpatient services and inpatient coordinators, community resources and agencies. Promotes home care services and coordinates care across the continuum.
* Current License and registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State
* A graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
* 2+ years of home care experience
* 2+ years home care management experience
* Excellent clinical skills and judgment
* Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation
* Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel
* Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, specialized software, office equipment, and equipment used in the delivery of patient care.
* Committed to improvement, clinical excellence, high-degree of patient and staff satisfaction.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative coordinator, administrative officer, administrative staff, associate, beverage, front desk, operations director, staff, support