Regional MDS Consultant - Registered Nurse (RN)
Centers Health Care is actively seeking a Registered Nurse to be a Regional MDS Consultant for a group of Skilled Nursing Facilities in the Greater New York City area. Previous experience as a Regional MDS Consultant/Specialist is strongly preferred.
DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS: Education, Experience, License/Registration, other:
* Previous experience as a Regional MDS Consultant/Specialist strongly preferred
* Must be a Registered Nurse in good standing and currently licensed in New York State.
* Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in long-term care with MDS 3.0.
* Must have RAC-CT? certification/re-certification within three (3) months of start of employment.
* Must demonstrate a professional level of written and verbal communications.
* Must demonstrate the ability to adjust to changes to meet the needs of Centers for Health Care Group
* Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, and government regulators, and to work cooperatively with other associates at all levels.
* Must have knowledge of ICD-10 coding, UB-04 billing
* Must have the ability to complete multiple projects.
* Capable of working with minimal supervision.
* Must possess basic computer skills, including e-mail and common business software applications.
* Must be able to travel by car and air, to include overnight stays that may include weekends
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
* Must meet all New York State health regulations. This requirement may also include all or some of the following: drug screening, criminal background investigation, licensure checks, abuse/neglect registry checks, OIG Database Exclusion list check and reference inquiry(s).
* Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation
Multiple locations in the NYC area
Centers Health Care is a fully integrated post-acute care continuum offering rehabilitation and skilled nursing services in more than 45 locations covering five states. In addition, we provide special services including inpatient and home dialysis, ventilator care, and care for those with Alzheimer's. The Centers Health Care family offers Urgent Care, Managed Care, Adult Day Health Care, and Assisted Living services, as well as every level of Home Care. Centers is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation packages and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/D/V
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care unit, ccu, nurse, nurse clinical, nurse rn, registered nurse, surgical, tcu