Triboro Center is looking to hire an experienced and motivated Nurse Practitioner for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Bronx, NY.
Excellent salary will be offered, commensurate with experience.
DUTIES and REQUIREMENTS:
* Assuring delivery of quality care services to all patients in a respectful and professional manner.
* Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
* Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories..
* Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
* Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
* Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
* Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development
* Must be Board Certified
Triboro Center is a 405-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the Bronx. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Triboro Center's staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident's dignity and independence. Triboro Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
Associated topics: advanced practice registered nurse, arnp, assessments, bsn, cardiology, cns, family medicine, np, nurse practitioner, specialis