Centrica / Direct Energy is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million individual customers and 240,000 large energy customers in states with deregulated energy markets. We give customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. As an international energy and services company, Centrica / Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and eight provinces in Canada. Centrica plc (LSE:CNA) is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to becoming the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society. Centrica's international Business Solutions group has been established to deliver distributed energy platforms to large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape. We expect to invest 700 million (~$1 billion) into the Business Solutions group by 2020. Combined, our UK and US businesses already have over 1,000 customers across 3,700 sites and 6 countries.
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and existing or new energy-producing assets on their sites. In North America, we design build and manage projects from small to large scale in the distributed energy spectrum. We have existing and forthcoming solutions for which we provide development, engineering, and construction services to deliver products and projects across North America for commercial, industrial, and institutional customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy.
Centrica Business Solutions is seeking an Associate for our Commercial Risk & Underwriting Group. The successful candidate will have a developer and credit investor's mindset. The Associate will be directly involved in all facets of the development and investment process including financial modelling, due diligence, industry research, drafting investment committee presentations, presenting findings to deal team and committee, portfolio monitoring/management. He/she will interact directly with developers and host customers, as well as help manage third party relationships including commodity suppliers, legal and accounting firms.
* Research: Support deal teams by performing project specific and industry research for each opportunity
* Financial & Risk Analysis: Analyze and underwrite potential capital (cash) sale and financing structures including reviewing historical financials, developing project cashflow models as well as investment, risk and sensitivity analyses
* Due Diligence: Support deal teams throughout the transaction due diligence and closing processes. Analyze due diligence materials, utilize information and findings to adjust the underwriting of capital (cash) sale and financing structures, and coordinate third party diligence providers to facilitate the review and closing of transactions
* Deal Approval Recommendation: Work with the deal team to assemble the Early Read Memos and Deal Approval Memos - drafting some original content, supporting composition final recommendations and compiling support documents
* Portfolio Management: Work with the Portfolio Group to provide support and oversight of each transaction
* Managing and negotiating amendments to standard contracts and review non-standard terms for compliance with internal commercial guidelines
* Ongoing monitoring of deal performance and involvement in the regularly scheduled portfolio reviews
* Work with various support functions including Controllership, Credit, Finance, Technical Accounting, and Treasury to ensure timely sharing of information for approvals
* Support Sales Operations Group to close deals (track down final documents, prepare funds flow memos and internal signature approvals)
* You may be charged with supporting special projects on an ad-hoc basis.
* Maintain and enhance financial and operational model templates.
* Bachelor's degree required
* Graduate degree (MBA) preferred
* 2-4+ years of experience in I-banking, development, PE or infrastructure investing; specifically involved in transaction execution, accounting and/or structured finance
* Strong analytical and financial modeling skills (skilled in Excel)
* Self-motivated and driven; ability to work effectively in a collegial, fast moving, demanding and dynamic environment
* Creative problem solver
* Qualitative and quantitative critical thinker with impeccable integrity and trustworthiness
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills
* Ability to multi task across deals, no challenges with internal deadlines, organizing third party diligence calls
* Ability to function independently and as part of a cross-functional team
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer ? EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabled.
Centrica is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email ...@directenergy.com. We will make a determination of your request for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Associated topics: underwriter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.