Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal's Housing Compliance team that partners with a local public housing authority and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to assist in the provision of affordable housing has an opening for a Local Team Lead. This is an opportunity to join an energetic team with a collaborative management group.
This is a first Level management position that supervises a team of 4-5 members. Responsible for office staff and in-house office staff assigned to carrying out ACC tasks in New York locations. The Local Team Leader is responsive to NY HTFC Contract Administration and Quality Assurance personnel, and works closely with the Area Manager, State Manager and other LTL in the PBCA portfolio. The Local Team Leader also assumes responsibility for maintaining and improving relations with landlords, Owner/agents and the HUD Office. Organizes and oversees the work activities of staff to ensure effective contract administration of Section 8 contracts within the assigned region in accordance with HUD statutes, regulations and notices. Ensure the performance of core tasks assigned to the Asset Management Center in an accurate and timely manner.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
* Portfolio and staff management.
* Work independently and oversee the general operation of the office.
* Communicate with line level staff and upper management.
* Resolve Quality Control issues and findings and report all incidents in order to ensure successful operation of the team.
* Perform and write annual reviews.
* Develop staff and ability to handle difficult members and clients.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
* Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
* Bachelors degree, or relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
* Ability to effectively communicate with line-level staff and upper management.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
* Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
* Must be detail-oriented.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Previous experience in report writing and Quality Control.
* Must be able to travel approximately 25% or less.
* Proven ability to accurately and timely complete tasks within the established deadlines and quality standards.
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
Work schedule is 800AM to 5:00PM, subject to change based upon client needs.
* Property Management/Section 8/Housing experience
* Previous management and Quality Assurance experience
* Communication (Oral/Written)
* Performs Well Under Pressure
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at ...@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.