CHANEL, Inc. - a leader in the luxury goods industry - seeks a Copywriter for the U.S. market. The copywriter is responsible for developing compelling copy across all formats (social, digital, print and point of sale) in compliance with brand and legal standards. He or she should have impeccable writing and proofreading skills, as well as an in-depth understanding of social media and digital.
* Write copy to support the launch of new products, brand initiatives and ongoing business needs primarily related to Makeup, Skincare and Fragrance, with a secondary focus on Fashion and Watches and Fine Jewelry
* Develop communication to support social media, e-commerce, marketing and PR events
* Adapt and implement globally developed creative assets for the U.S. market across social, digital, print and point-of-sale formats
* Collaborate with digital and graphic designers to create holistic 360? communication
* Proofread and fact check for spelling, grammar, formatting, clarity, brand style and legal compliance
* Check mechanical files and press proofs to ensure flawless execution
* Coordinate with various departments (Marketing and Artistic Direction) to deliver strategic content that achieves business and creative objectives
* Fulfill daily copy requests with multiple levels of oversight
* Develop, update and disseminate reference tools to catalog brand language, copy guidelines, legal guidelines, brand standards and creative archives
* Stay current on social media, digital, retail, marketing and beauty/fashion editorial trends
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications or comparable degree with a writing focus.
Minimum Years of Experience: 3-5 years in a beauty copywriting role
* Beauty and luxury category experience - in-house executional expertise strongly preferred; agency experience also desired
* A professional commercial copywriter portfolio demonstrating beauty and/or skincare brand expertise; luxury brand expertise strongly preferred
* Exceptional writing, proofreading, fact checking, organizational and analytical capabilities
* In-depth understanding of social media, digital, e-commerce and point of sale
* Detail-oriented, self-motivated, team-focused with ability to manage a high-speed, high-volume workload
* Proactive approach and strategic thinker; takes ownership and finishes projects from beginning to end
* Enthusiasm and passion for CHANEL brand voice
* Proficiency/fluency in French desired, but not required
Chanel, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: account, account manager, business, buyer, estimator, market, inside sales, marketing, project manager, sales