Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Change Healthcare is a leading provider of specialized patient eligibility and enrollment services for America's hospitals. We assist uninsured patients obtain maximum benefit coverage by screening them for several federal and state agencies, including Medicaid, SSD or charity care on behalf of the hospital. For the hospitals, we recover millions of dollars that would otherwise be lost. Our trained and compassionate teams of employees are vital to our success.
Change Healthcare is currently seeking compassionate and driven Health Care Representatives (HCRs). HCRs acts as advocates and meet with patients and their families daily. They are responsible for tracking every application they receive and obtaining high rates of successful outcomes. If you appreciate helping people and possess great communication and computer skills, take the next step towards a rewarding career at Chamberlin Edmonds!
• Work effectively with hospital employees and patients.
• Interviewing clients in a hospital setting and/or home visits to assist the clients in obtaining maximum benefit coverage.
• Completion of applications for state and federal programs (including Health Exchange/Marketplace programs), reviewing medical records and taking all necessary action to expedite benefit approval.
• Achieve and maintain certification designation as “Certified Application Counselor”.
• Adherence to company and legal standards regarding Protected Health Information (PHI), Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Personnel Transaction Identifier (PTI).
• Maintain ongoing communication with government agencies regarding the status of claims.
• Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other Chamberlin Edmonds staff as needed.
• Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contract on Chamberlin Edmonds and/or hospital computer systems.
• Making a determination to take a Federal, State or Local program application based upon medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living, and information contained in medical records.
• Ability to work in a fast pace and noisy environment.
• Ability to function multi-task and meet demanding performance metrics without direct supervision.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule to include evenings and weekends.
• 4 year college degree preferred
• Knowledge of federal and state programs that will benefit coverage for the client
• Demonstrated experience working with people of various educational and socioeconomics background preferred
• 1-3 years of relevant hospital and healthcare experience
• Possible language skills, as required by geographic location
• Proficient with computer skills and tablet devices including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel
• Professional & polished demeanor
• Strong work ethics and confidentiality
• Time management skills and attention to detail
Employees must be able to adequately perform required job functions. This includes being able to lift, bend and move in such a way as to perform job tasks in a safe and approved manner. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, climb stairs, stand and bend for long periods of time and performs physical tasks such as lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Employees may frequently be exposed to unpleasant conditions to include exposure to blood and other unsanitary conditions. Employees are constantly on the go and may work in a variety of units, including the ICU, adult trauma and interact often with the business office and medical records department. Travel may also be required between regional hospital locations. Our employees must dress for a formal business environment. The standard of dressing for men and women is a suit, a jacket (and tie for men), pants or a skirt and closed toe shoes.
Change Healthcare offers a vast array of benefits for its employees, including but not limited to the following:
• Medical, Dental and Vision care
• Life Insurance
• 401k plan
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Plan
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law or ethics. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.