New York City - NY, BRNYI6, 2308 Broadway, 10024-4301
Michelle Lynn Huber
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for providing advice and counsel to individuals and families with their financial needs, including retirement planning, educational planning, investment management, estate planning, active investing, managed banking, and lending needs.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services.
What you'll do:
Building strong, personal relationships with our clients is a key component of Schwab's business strategy. The Associate Financial Consultant will pursue this mission through:
* Proactive outbound calls to existing Schwab clients, identifying opportunities through needs based analysis and positioning appropriate products and solutions. At times, partnering with subject matter experts, peers and managers.
* Create initial relationship with walk-in clients and or prospects to understand investment goals and objectives and position various suitable offerings, based upon individual needs.
* Identify and refer additional opportunities to Branch Financial Consultants.
* Delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service.
We are looking for people with a passion for helping clients?.
We value integrity, open communication, perseverance and relentless service to our clients. If you want to work with a firm that is dynamic, client centric and values your contributions by providing a successful environment for outstanding financial rewards, consider a career as an Associate Financial Consultant at Charles Schwab.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute the Schwab strategy. Essential skills include:
* Minimum of two years of experience in the financial services industry (required)
* Financial business development experience (highly preferred)
* Knowledge of brokerage/banking products and services
* Strong client relationship building experience
Education, Licenses, and Designations
* Bachelor's degree required
* A valid and active Series 7 license required
* A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
* A valid and active Life and Health Insurance license is required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
* Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification is preferred
Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process.
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email ...@schwab.com or call HR Direct at 800-###-####.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: FINRA Series 66, Life Insurance, FINRA Series 7 Relevant Work Experience: Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs Position Located In: NY - New York Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Monday, March 25, 2019
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Associated topics: broker, call center, client, health, insurance sales, phone, retail, sales agent, sales position, sales representative