- $130,303.33 -102,150.00/year*
10 Bayside Terrace
Counsel to Surety Division(
Counsel to Surety Division, Philadelphia, PA or Whitehouse Station, NJ
Chubb is the world s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We seek highly motivated individuals to join our team who exhibit the best-in-class competencies listed below and embody the Office of General Counsel culture.
We deliver high quality work product, services and solutions that demonstrate understanding of the needs and requirements of our business partners and support achievement of team goals.
We adapt to changing business needs and environments through a proactive, flexible approach that achieves results and strikes the proper balance among all constituencies.
We demonstrate character, integrity and professionalism, both within a team environment in Office of General Counsel and in fulfilling our responsibilities to our business partners.
We build collaborative, trusting relationships with team members and business partners through superior communication skills, empathy and respect.
We independently manage work responsibilities through commitment, dedication and accountability, and display an on-going commitment to self-improvement.
Based in our office in Whitehouse Station, New Jersey or Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the Counsel to the Surety Division will be responsible for providing legal services and support to the Office of General Counsel, Surety legal team, and the Surety Division on a wide variety of matters.
The responsibilities of Counsel to the Surety Division include:
Contract review, analysis, drafting, and negotiation of:
1. Bond forms
2. Indemnity agreements, Collateral/Security agreements and Escrow agreements
3. Co-surety agreements
4. Capital retention agreements, Intercreditor agreements and Subordination agreements
5. Waivers and releases and Termination agreements
6. Parental guarantees
7. Trust agreements
8. Business formation and operating agreements
9. Non-disclosure agreements
Provide Legal Advice for Transactional and Regulatory Matters:
1. Protect Chubb while facilitating underwriting business .
2. Timely review, drafting and revising of surety-related agreements and documents.
3. Provide timely legal guidance, as needed, on terminations and releases.
4. Research the laws of various countries, states and other jurisdictions, as needed, to analyze and address transactional issues in a regulatory framework.
5. Retain, manage, and work with outside counsel within and outside the U.S., as needed, to analyze and address transactional issues in a regulatory framework.
6. Support compliance officers to amend business practices and products where needed to ensure compliance, and communicate compliance issues to business staff.
Counsel and Communicate Effectively with Underwriters and Senior Management in Connection with Various Functions:
1. Facilitate drafting and/or review of bonds and related documents entered into by the business unit.
2. Understanding quickly and accurately what is being requested by the underwriters.
3. Provide additional guidance and advice where needed on drafting.
4. Provide technical training on regulatory, case law, and coverage developments.
5. Maintain client confidence.
6. Maintain consistency in drafting.
7. Participate in meetings and other forums with underwriters, claims, general counsel, staff, clients, and producers.
8. Periodic travel to meet with management, underwriters, clients, and producers.
Education: Review, learn, and remain current on developing surety and insurance statutes, regulations, case law, and related subject matter through seminars and relevant legal, business, and industry related periodicals and materials. Maintain and update professional and legal credentials.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Law degree from an accredited law school.
2. Admission to at least one state bar.
3. Two to four years of legal experience preferred.
4. Experience in contract law and drafting agreements and other business documents.
5. Knowledge of indemnity agreements, collateral agreements, and related documents.
6. Ability to work on multiple tasks based on business needs and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
7. Strong influence skills, with the ability to build collaborative relationships both within and across functional lines.
8. Demonstrated ability to understand business needs and provide consultation that is compliant, but helps to meet business goals.
9. Demonstrated ability to achieve results.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at
In order to be considered an applicant for employment with Chubb, all applicants must go to Chubb s Careers website to apply for the position(s) of interest and complete an online application. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be considered an applicant in accordance with Chubb s policy.
Whitehouse Station - BWhitehouse Station08889Legal
-Jun 26, 2019, 4:17:27 PM
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...