Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
* Analyzing coverage to identify coverage available for the loss
* Good understanding of Personal Lines Coverages and the ability to interpret and make timely coverage decisions
* Reviewing client information on the customer to be informed as to what policies/coverages/services the customer has with Chubb
* Contacts, interviews and obtains statements from insureds to secure necessary claim information
* Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties, etc.
* Sets reserves within authority limits and recommends reserve changes to Management
* Reviews progress and status of claims with Management and discusses problems and suggested remedial actions
* Prepares and submits to Management unusual or possible undesirable exposures
* Assists Management in developing methods and improvements for handling claims
* Settles claims promptly and equitably
* Obtains releases, proofs of loss or compensation agreements and issues company drafts in payments for claims
* Informs claimants, insureds/customers or attorney of denial of claim when applicable
* Experience in Property Claims handling, coverage analysis, and damage evaluation
* A minimum of 3 years property claims adjusting experience
* High level of competency with computer technology: e-mail, word, excel spreadsheets, etc.
* Analytical, Detail Oriented
* Customer focus - responsive with an appropriate sense of urgency
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills: Ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with others on an external and internal basis
* Ability to work collaboratively, independently and as part of a team
* Ability to Multitask
* Ability to adjust and adapt in an ever changing environment
* Committed to high standards of behavior and performance
* Bachelor's Degree required
* Candidate must be able to work a 5 day work week to include one weekend day. Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provided employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or material status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: adjuster, casualty, claim examiner, claim investigator, damage, fraud, insurance examiner, investigate, investigation, title examiner