Senior Business Development Manager - Cisco Managed Services
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco Managed Services (CMS) Senior Business Development Manager (BDM) is an important role within the Cisco CMS organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for engaging pervasively in the Cisco Services sales process to identify, develop, and propose CMS offers that deliver value to Customers and profitability to Cisco. You will represent Cisco CMS and the broader Customer Experience Portfolio as needed by communicating our capabilities and strategies to the field and to partners and customers. The BDM will be accountable for the achievement of the overall CMS business revenue and bookings goals.
What You'll Do
As the senior BDM, you will work with Sales, Product Management, and Service Delivery leadership and extended teams to:
* Develop and lead Cisco CMS business development and growth programs within target markets, targeted offers, and customer segments.
* Support CMS sales efforts, including Integrated Account Planning, training, and sales enablement for sales and partners in the assigned market segment and accounts.
* Drive custom and complex CMS opportunities with Customers, Sales, Cisco partners and clients.
* Find opportunities for possible new offerings and improvements to CMS.
* Identify and report trends for CMS Product Management and Marketing teams.
* Define, plan and communicate CMS offerings to improve Cisco's Service penetration. CMS programs should dynamically drive improvements in Customer Happiness, Margins and Revenue.
* Communicate the value of CMS offers to critical partners, emphasis C-Level Customer Executives and similar personas.
* Communicate tangible and quantifiable customer business outcomes that compel customers to choose CMS over the alternatives and to arrive at that decision early in the sales cycle.
Who You Are
This is a high-profile Senior BDM role; a consultative partner and a leader with vision and passion for CMS. You will integrate technical expertise, services business experience, and external marketplace factors within the framework of the service product solution selling lifecycle. You will have stellar professional and consulting services along with sales executive attributes including:
* Ability to analyze and describe competitive offerings and build unique positioning statements for the Cisco brand, for direct and partner channels.
* Specific networking industry experience and extensive business knowledge built upon a strong technology foundation, preferably with a sales background.
* Working knowledge of Service Provider, Enterprise Service Delivery Models, ITIL/eTOM, as well as commercial & end client P&L development.
* A strong fiscal aptitude, having held comprehensive budget and return on investment responsibilities for multi-million dollar projects/programs.
* Knowledge of Cisco networking, collaboration data center technologies and security, as well as related operational management requirements.
* Able to drive the growth of the business through direct and indirect solution selling.
* Experience in working with quota-carrying sales teams and able to use that experience to successfully shape contracts and to assist with customer presentations.
* Support Cisco Field and Partner staff in ongoing training and development of skills to sell service offerings.
* Drive Cisco Management Services programs to Cisco's premier customer segments, ideally with global experience and with strong dedication to customer success.
* Design and execute a structured data collection program in order to perform a solid situation analysis. Be a student of both Cisco and non-Cisco technologies and run solutions and related areas, for example consulting firms, integrators, and the like.
* Handle CMS forecast for assigned markets or accounts that stands up to scrutiny. Calculate costs of delivery and therefore margin expectations for specific CMS customer opportunities.
* Design innovative programs that increase awareness, general leads, strengthen Sales/Partner relationships, and build sales opportunities for Cisco Managed Services offerings.
* Effectively run projects with Service Delivery, Engineering, and Product Management teams in order to develop new cross-functional services and support solutions for data center and enterprise collaboration solutions to address specific customer requirements.
* Directly and indirectly influence sales opportunities at all stages of the CMS sales cycle.
* The ability to find success in ambiguous and often untimely situations
* Work effectively within a team, and deal respectfully with others will be key postures.
* Self-motivation, self-discipline, creativity and a determination to reach goals and objectives with minimal management intervention and control. An ability to work independently but also to lead teams in the completion of important projects and major initiatives
* Strong leadership, project management, influencing, negotiation and decision-making, coupled with good judgment. Ability to manage, within functional teams and across the organization, multiple and concurrent large and complex projects. Highly organized with excellent follow-through
* Strong written, oral, social communications and presentation skills. Ability to establish relationships with peers and higher-level management among Cisco sales/marketing staff, business units, partners, and customers. Ability to capture and communicate complex technical or marketing issues clearly
* Understanding of Cisco Managed Services technology stack, including IT Managed Services, XaaS, Business Development, Business Analysis, Business Transformation, Managed Networks, Data Center, Collaboration and Security
Additional Requirements for this Role are:
* 10+ years' experience in selling Cisco and related Industry solutions, preferably quota-carrying.
* Services selling experience, preferably Managed Services
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or business administration
* ITIL/eTOM certifications preferred
* Travel approximately 30% of the time
* Preference for these cities: New York, RTP, Chicago, San Jose, San Francisco, Denver
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with a point of view, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
See what our employees say about working at Cisco