Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
VP - Surveillance Data Scientist, Surveillance Design & Implementation
Apply Now Locations:
Jersey City, New Jersey Job Function:
Compliance and Control Employee Status:
Regular Job ID:
Serves as a senior compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)s Surveillance Model Design and Implementation Team responsible for the design, implementation, and oversight for a suite of surveillances designed to detect behaviors that may violate regulatory rules or internal policies and procedures. When potentially anomalous behavior is detected, the team is responsible for working collaboratively with partners across the first and second lines of defense to determine the appropriate resolution of the matter, which may include employee discipline. The ICRM Global Surveillance platform encompasses a number of surveillance related portfolios including trade surveillance, e-communications and voice surveillance, employee trading, outside activities surveillance, and information barrier surveillance.
Key Activities include:
- Creating, enhancing and implementing surveillance scenarios and conducting surveillance reviews. Improving surveillance tools and applications by coordinating with Information Technology on the timely implementation of enhancements and proactively addressing potential issues.
- Participating in ad-hoc requests, special projects and regulatory exams directed by other organizations within the compliance or legal departments.
- Other responsibilities include: overseeing the monitoring to adherence to ICRMs Risk Policies and relevant procedures; preparing, editing and maintaining Compliance program related materials; interacting and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary; and keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Interacting with global counterparts in regards to the governance of their surveillance portfolio.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Three or more years of experience in data science, machine learning, quantitative research, quantitative analysis, advanced statistical methods, surveillance design, and/or data modeling required
- Experience designing and prototyping surveillance patterns using time series analysis, features engineering, random forest, natural language processing, and/or advanced statistical methods highly desirable;
- Prior experience managing and delivering surveillance projects highly desirable
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Strong skills in organizing workflow, ideas and materials
- Experience with drafting Business Requirement Documentation (BRD)
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
Bachelors degree in business, finance, and/or engineeringexperience in data science, quantitative research/analysis, advanced statistical methods, and/or data modeling;experience and/or designing communications surveillance and/or trade surveillance; experience in a surveillance function (or similar) within compliance, or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization consulting firm, or a combination thereof;
Advanced degree (e.g.MS or MBA) a plus
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .
Associated topics: crime analyst, criminologist and forensic scientist, dna, genomic, lab, laboratory, med, outpatient, pathologist, science