I.T. Computer Operations Managers manage and direct an Information Technology operations area and/or manage and direct all aspects of the operation and maintenance of computing or telecommunications equipment at a College or University level. They set policies and procedures, direct technical staff, and have responsibility for administrative as well as technical issues within their assigned area(s). They may manage large, complex information systems operations.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Managerial Service. The full specification is available on our web site at
Computer Operations Manager
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Office of Computing and Information Services (CIS) at the City University of New York (CUNY) support the IT and telecommunications needs of CUNY's 24 colleges. CIS supports enterprise IT and applications; develops new technologies that advance University's core mission; builds, upgrades and maintains the University's network; operates the University's Data Center and help desk; develops disaster recovery and business continuity plans; and leads the CUNYfirst Enterprise Resource Planning Project (ERP), which integrates 25 university systems, covering student administration, financial management, and human resources. Within CIS, the Application Lifecycle Management unit focuses on improving CIS' internal procedures to support clearly defined services that meet the needs of CIS' stakeholders while ensuring optimal IT service delivery.
CIS currently runs a Service Desk offering Tier 1 support to approximately 2,500 Central Office users and Tier 2 support to over 300,000 CUNY students, faculty and staff for enterprise systems. A project is underway to implement ServiceNow as the IT Service Management (ITSM) solution for the CIS service desk and grow more enterprise capabilities to provide Tier 1 enterprise application support to the entire CUNY community.
Reporting to the Director of Application Lifecycle Management, the Associate Director for ServiceNow Customer Service Operations will oversee the CIS Enterprise Service Desk including the contact center, Knowledge Base content management and metrics reporting with a particular focus on implementing and maximizing value of the new ServiceNow solution and growing enterprise Tier 1 and first call resolution capabilities for services provided by CIS. As the CIS shared services and Enterprise Service Desk grows, the Associate Director will work closely with the Project Management Office and business stakeholders to design and implement additional processes. Following roll out, the Associate Director will institute continuous process improvement methods to deliver high quality service across CUNY.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Contribute directly to the strategy, development and quality of IT Service Management (ITSM) and service delivery capability.
* Manage the contact center, knowledge base, and metrics reporting for service delivery and ensure their effective delivery, management and enhancements.
* Collaborate closely with the CIS and campus stakeholders to execute the roll out of the new ServiceNow ITSM tool at CUNY. Continue to manage change in Customer Service Operations through subsequent enhancement and growth of the ITSM tool to support additional shared services across the university.
* Active stakeholder and driver in underlying operations process and infrastructure, to direct continuous improvements across the supporting teams and external suppliers to meet existing contract/statement of work, Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
* Evaluate current practices and recommend improvements to monitor, and report on a comprehensive set of metrics and KPIs based on the IT service deliverables and the agreements above.
* Develop both short and long-term service and process goals and maturity levels to be achieved over the specified time.
* Use new tools to implement quality management including internal quality control and customer surveys.
* Partner and collaborate with other teams to deliver an ITSM program with a coordinated set of continuous improvement initiatives.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Six (6) years of progressively responsible full-time paid information systems technology experience with supervising or administering an Information Technology area involving hardware and/or telecommunications equipment operations, at least 18 months of which shall have been in an administrative or managerial capacity.
* Education at an accredited College or University may be substituted for the general information systems technology experience at the rate of one year of college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 4 years of college for 2 years of experience. In addition a Master's degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for an additional year of the general information systems technology experience. However, all candidates must possess the 18 months of administrative or managerial experience described above.
This title has multiple levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Experience delivering and/or managing IT Service Management (ITSM) tools for large enterprise operations; experience with higher education or public sector highly preferred.
* Proven Service Delivery Management experience combining IT Service Delivery, solutions implementation, project management, operations management, and/or IT Vendor Management.
* Experience developing and managing SLAs, KPIs, and critical success factors (CSFs) for IT Services, processes, operations and work environments.
* ServiceNow implementation and/or operations experience preferred.
* Knowledge of developing and managing continuous improvement programs.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
* ITIL certifications, training and/or equivalent experience preferred.
* Six Sigma certification preferred.
* Ability to establish vision, drive change and strong orientation with service, project and results delivery.
* Ability to lead and build team to deliver superior customer service while meeting business needs.
* Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, including the flexibility to work successfully with multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines while producing quality results and meeting deliverables.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume online via CUNY's web-based job system, addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin February 7, 2019.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Job Title: Associate Director for ServiceNow Customer Service Operations (IT Computer Operations Manager, Level 4 - Provisional)
Job ID: 20019
Location: Central Office
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Associated topics: customer service team manager, guide, lead, management experience, manager, monitor, operations manager, product support, review, team manager