Real Estate Debt - Associate
Clarion Partners, one of the largest real estate investment managers in the Americas, has managed investment real estate on behalf of institutional investors for more than 35 years. Our consistent investment philosophy is grounded in fundamental research and a broad operating platform with 7 offices strategically located across the United States and Europe. Clarion's investment capabilities span the spectrum from core to opportunistic investments in both the equity and debt sectors.
Clarion Partners seeks a commercial real estate finance professional to play an integral role on the Debt Investment Team. The Team's focus is on sourcing, underwriting, closing and asset managing real estate subordinate and senior debt transactions secured by institutional-quality properties located throughout the U.S and in all property types on behalf of its managed funds and separate accounts.
The position will offer meaningful work in a wide variety of the Team's investment activities including portfolio management, loan production, and asset management. This position will be based in Clarion's New York, NY office.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
* Assist in sourcing, screening and evaluating debt investment opportunities consistent with investment criteria.
* Create, assemble and modify cash flow projection models for stabilized, value-add and construction transactions utilizing both Argus and Excel. Utilize judgment as well as internal and external resources, to assist Portfolio Managers in evaluating various underwriting assumptions and appropriate pricing/return parameters.
* Prepare and present investment opportunity summaries in conjunction with transaction staff for discussion with clients.
* Assist with drafting, coordinating and presenting Investment Memoranda to the firm's Investment Committee and Portfolio Management personnel.
* Assist with the loan closing process and asset management of transactions post investment closing.
* Utilizing deal tracking systems to maintain and track deal pipeline, produce pipeline reports and run analytics for management use
* Interact with other key constituents including co-investment partners, lenders, borrowers, outside legal counsel, advisors, and third-party managers
* Ownership of the financial models utilized to track fund returns and other metrics
* Periodic market research, analysis of market and competitive position.
* Prepare quarterly investor reports and annual valuations for transactions in the debt portfolio
* Assist in preparation and participate in client conference, internal meetings and capital raising presentations
* Undergraduate degree required, Advanced degree is a plus
* Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in a real estate finance capacity.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills with a direct and open communication style.
* Strategic thinker, coupled with the ability to dive into the details.
* Strong financial acumen; technically and quantitatively adept.
* Ability to serve internal and external constituents in a fast-paced and nimble environment.
* Entrepreneurial mindset with the motivation to play a critical role in the growth of a platform, within an established organization. Will be able to demonstrate a collaborative approach to building a business.
* Proactive and self-sufficient. Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines and complete projects with minimal supervision.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Argus a must.
* ? Clarion Partners, LLC
Associated topics: analysis, analyze, appraisal, appraiser, market, marketing, marketing representative, market trend, portfolio analyst, researcher