CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you - your fingerprints, your face, your eyes - into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store-without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 3 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
CLEAR is seeking a Director of Total Rewards, who will contribute to the company's growth through the development, implementation, administration, maintenance, and education of our benefits & compensation programs. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced leader to build a strategic Total Rewards function, including the development of an overarching philosophy, strategy, programs, processes, and team.
What You Will Do:
* Develop a compensation philosophy that is aligned with company values and promotes a high performing culture.
* Develop recommendations for job architecture, salary structure, budget and bonus plans taking into consideration competitive market data, local laws and employment practices.
* Design, develop, and maintain compensation tools, templates, and related processes for the annual merit review cycle.
* Lead and develop a small team that is aligned with the current and future needs of the business. This will be supported through coaching, mentoring and providing ongoing feedback to foster an innovative and learning environment.
* Drive initiatives that review claims experience and propose plan design changes and annual renewal options.
* Participate in compensation and benefits surveys, for benchmarking our plans & programs.
* Lead 401(k) investments and administrative committee meetings to review & implement fund changes, as needed and in accordance with law.
* Own the Open Enrollment period for employees managing all points of communication, reviewing elections for accuracy and conducting all necessary reporting.
* Oversee 3rd party benefit brokers and providers for the effective and compliant administration of all health & welfare plans, leave administration & 401(k) Plan.
* Communicate, educate, and internally market our benefit programs to all eligible employees.
* Review, edit, and maintain SPDs, employee benefit guides, and benefits technology platform(s).
* Act as a liaison between employees and our leave administrators, as well as a liaison between employees and our Workers Compensation carrier.
* Validate each recruitment versus budget assumption to ensure payroll cost stay within budget.
* Step in to assist in alleviating the workload of the payroll team during high volume periods such as annual increase & bonus processing, year-end preparations and team absences performing miscellaneous payroll tasks as necessary.
* Maximize the use of our HRIS (Ultipro) - ensure we are establishing best practices and processes for data entry, maintenance, and reporting.
Who You Are:
* A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Operations, HR or a related field.
* A minimum of 8 years designing and implementing Total Rewards Programs. Prior working experience in a start-up or hyper growth technology industry a plus.
* Experience with commission plan environment(s) is a plus.Outstanding organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities.
* Analytical, pragmatic, and adaptable. Ability to evaluate complex data and make recommendations.
* A track record of designing and implementing successful and creative compensation and benefit programs.
* A progressive approach to Total Rewards strategy, design and implementation.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interface with management and peers, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations
* Track-record of leading strategy and change management.
* Highly collaborative with proven ability in business partnering and influencing executives, internal customers and management of third-party vendors.
* Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
Associated topics: benefit, compensation, employee, enrollment, hr, human resource, interview, recruiter, talent accquisition, train