Pathologist and Associate Medical Director (Severna Park)
Compensation: $98,965.00 - $169,230.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
Search by job title, location, department, category, etc.
Pathologist and Associate Medical Director
Cambridge | Massachusetts | United States
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an ideato simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
- For all clinical and biopharma testing performed at FMI including FoundationOneCDx, FoundationOneHeme, and FoundationOneLiquid assay:
- Review patient specimens prior to testing in collaboration with other applicable stakeholders.
- Review and approve IHC, IGH, and other reports.
- Function as a clinical consultant regarding the utility of the Foundation Medicine assays including sample selection, test appropriateness, and interpretation of results.
- Interface directly with clients to support patient care, as needed.
- Support FMI Commercial Team initiatives and programs through traveling to and administering programs at hospitals, cancer centers, and academic medical centers.
- Support new assay development and validation, and optimization of existing assays.
- Support strategic research initiatives to expand new testing capabilities.
- Support Quality Assurance, Compliance and Regulatory activities.
- Perform research studies leading to abstracts, peer-reviewed publications and presentations at medical/scientific meetings that highlight FMI assays and data.
- Develop area(s) of expertise to serve as a subject matter expert.
- American Board of Pathology Anatomic Pathology Certification
- Strong history of achievement demonstrated by leadership activities, publications, presentations or other activities
- Collaboration skills and the ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with internal and external team members on project activities
- Process-oriented, flexible mindset and approach to creative problem solving
- Demonstrated history of cross-functional leadership and/or participation in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability of meeting deadlines
- Understanding of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the importance of patient data privacy
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Ability to self-organize and operate effectively without day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the collaborations
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment in the presence of chemicals and reagents
- Commitment to reflect FMIs values: innovation, patients, collaboration, and passion
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMIs EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Associated topics: blood collection, hematopathology, lab, medical, mls, scientist, services, technician iii, technician lab, technician laboratory
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...