Admissions Operations Assistant (Document Management) - New York - 10007
Education - Post Secondary
21 Warren St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Admissions Operations Assistant will support the Office of Admissions in upholding and strengthening the integrity of the admissions process flow from application through enrollment for the School of Professional Studies growing set of offerings. These offerings currently include cross-disciplinary Master's Degree Programs, Pre-Graduate and Graduate Certificate Programs, Structured and Unstructured Certifications of Professional Achievement, take-a-class options for bachelor's degree holders and visiting students enrolled at other institutions, High School Programs, and the American Language Programs. The EOA will assist in managing the inflow of a high quantity of applications with a diverse range of application criteria using multiple application management system tools to ensure efficiency and accuracy at all points along the application timeline primarily for our MS Degree, Post-baccalaureate Studies and Pre-Graduate Certificate Program populations.
The AOA will assist with overseeing the various application management systems and the interaction between them, being sure to alert appropriate staff members of potential issues as well as opportunities for improvement. The AOA will also assist with troubleshooting and testing SPS's different systems on an ongoing basis. The AOA will be responsible for sending and monitoring the effectiveness of email communications to applicants for the entirety of the admissions process and will be expected to provide feedback to applicants as needed regarding application requirements and/or the application decision.
All efforts performed by the AOA will contribute to the SPS goal of yielding and retaining increasing numbers of highly qualified students by facilitating a seamless application process.
The AOA will perform other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications for Grade
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant- High School degree required.
* Three years related work experience required. Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicantCHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Admissions Enrollment Support:
* Daily exports application data from online application into the Student Information System (SIS) and, as appropriate, matches new application records to existing student records (also performs this for applications to the summer programs for high school students). * Handles transcript data entry in SIS and ensures that applicants submit all required transcripts prior to review (also performs this for the transcripts submitted for the summer programs for high school students). * Creates student records for admitted and enrolling students. * Reviews applications flagged as potentially suspicious against a checklist and flags applications meeting predetermined criteria for further review by the supervisor. * Open admissions mail, marking documents as official as appropriate, scan documents into the application system, accurately labeling documents and matching them to the appropriate student record. * Review form submissions from committed applicants as part of the application verification process. * Assist with testing the online application as needed.
* In cooperation with members of the Strategic Enrollment Management team, other SPS departments and external partnerships, supports efforts to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all data related to student admissions and enrollment within all relevant application management systems. * Assist with the reconciliation of student records after the start of the academic term to ensure that only matriculating students have active student records and that deferrals have been processed correctly as appropriate. * Assists in identifying methods to streamline data collection on the application. * Provide support in the implementation of any new application management systems including a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. * Ensures application verification and fraudulent application data is accurately recorded in the application system. * Ensure that decision information is accurately entered into all appropriate systems.
* Assists with the development and production of content for applicant communications. * Sends email communications to applicants including: * Reminder to submit official document emails to applicants who were admitted on a provisional basis * Communications about the application verification process * Other email communications as needed * Follows up with applicants as appropriate regarding all of the aforementioned communications. * Assist with calling campaigns regarding all of the aforementioned communications.
* Copies published application deadline, application requirement, and enrollment timeline details for competitor programs and compiles it into a spreadsheet for review by Admissions leadership.
PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED OR REQUESTED Special Instructions Preferred Qualifications- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
* Exceptional attention to detail, strong organization and time management skills, and the ability to perform routine and non-routine work with changing priorities and aggressive deadlines. * Sound problem-solving and decision-making abilities, both as an independent entity and as part of a team. * Extremely organized and motivated with exceptional attention to detail, precision and accuracy in tasks. * Ability to handle confidential information in a mature, professional manner. * Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel. * Experience working in a fast-paced environment. * Background in higher education admissions or student services. * Familiarity with SPS program offerings. Essential Functions Additional Essential Functions (Limit to 3950 characters.) Special Indications
This position works with: Associated topics: admission rep, advisor, coordinator, enrollment, officer, public safety, registrar, safety officer iii, security officer, student affairs coordinator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.