Our Transgender Program Peer Educators are responsible for conducting outreach, providing general risk reduction, providing referrals to needed services, distributing HIV/AIDS information and condoms, participating in training and support activities, utilizing data forms to document and report activities performed.
* Compliance with Employee Health Services.
* Conducts community outreach and door to door outreach in targeted areas identified by the Program Manager to meet grant targets.
* Participates in community health and community fairs as an agency representative.
* Provides referrals of clients to necessary health and support services in the community, including making appointments for clients at CHN clinic sites.
* Performs other related duties, as assigned.
* Identifies community resources and makes contact with such agencies.
* Escorts clients to necessary services, as appropriate.
* Documents clients reached through community outreach and report this to the program manager.
* Distributes HIV/AIDS educational literature and condoms to clients and agencies.
* Participates in training, in-services, and support activities for peer educators.
* High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred with some experience in community work.
Other Functions :
* Identifies community resources and makes contact with other agencies.
* Escorts clients to necessary services, if appropriate.
* Documents clients that were reached through street outreach.
* Distributes HIV/AIDS education materials and condoms to clients and other agencies.
* Assists in CHN's clinic outreach efforts to targeted populations.