RESIDENT DISTRICT MANAGER - HARTFORD, CT
Compensation: $108,540.00 - $160,190.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
*Posted Date:* Sep 22, 2019
Note: Online Application Accepted Only
*Full time associates are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Programs
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
At *Chartwells Higher Education*, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation's Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
*Working as a Resident District Manager*, you are responsible for managing a large educational dining account. You will provide guidance and motivation to the district associates. You will provide overall planning and direction within your account to achieve operations and financial goals.
* Is well versed in all aspects of foodservice management, with a proven track record of success
* Possesses strong strategic thinking skills, with an emphasis on delivering and measuring action plans
* Is proactive and positive; interacts professionally with a diverse group of associates, peers, managers, suppliers, clients and customers
* Embraces excellence in customer service both for internal and external customers; has excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
* Demonstrates initiative and good judgment in assisting customers, clients, peers and subordinates
* Has the ability to think quickly and accurately, is able to evaluate problems and make appropriate recommendations to person(s) involved
* Has a high level of resilience during stressful periods and the ability to handle last minute changes
* Manages K-12 accounts within a school district to ensure compliance with government and agency standards and to ensure profitability of the region
* Attends foodservice committee meetings to understand the needs of the School District
* Ensures consistent and fair administration of personnel policies
* Manages planning, budget analysis and reporting for the District
* Interprets and ensures compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines to promote their consistent application
* Conducts operation audits of district units and design improvements to optimize financial performance and operational productivity
* Audits units to ensure conformance with the Company, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation and record keeping
* Bachelor's degree required
* Knowledge of state and federal food standard guidelines.
* Five years of management experience in foodservice.
* Strong leadership and communication skills
* Financial and business acumen
* Excellent computer skills, including advanced spreadsheet and proficiency at learning software
* Strong analytical and organizational skills.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
*Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!*
/Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA/
*Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story*
*Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.*
*Req ID: *323402
Associated topics: administrative officer, assist, asso, associate, beverage, chief operations officer, front desk, front office, staff, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...