Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
As a Chef, you will ensure client and customer service satisfaction is attained by providing culinary resources and support. You may be responsible for managing the departments scheduling, discipline, and/or hiring. You may assist the Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef in developing new menus, recipes, and ordering. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial culinary professional.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides frontline culinary resources and support.
- Assists with food cost control, menu planning, purchasing, and ensures food quality guidelines are followed.
- Assists with planning and creating menus.
- Produces and executes catering events.
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with managing cost controls and control expenditures for the account.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One to three years of culinary management experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Hands-on chef experience is required.
- Extensive catering experience is preferred.
- High volume batch cooking and complex food service operations experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products including Excel.
- Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts is preferred.
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 343754
CHRISTINA M STEWART