Associate Scientist, CAR Cell Therapies and Antibody Platform Dev. - Tarrytown
Compensation: $97,590.00 - $144,930.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Working under the supervision of Senior Scientist, this role will be focused on designing engineered immune cell therapies for comparison against novel antibody biologics. Responsibilities will support the preclinical development of adoptive cell therapies, antibodies, and novel immune activating proteins through their design, molecular cloning, and expression. This position will be responsible for performing both in vitro and in vivo tumor studies to examine mechanisms of action. The ideal candidate will require a deep understanding of immunological principles, possess laboratory experience in the area of innate and adaptive cellular biology/immunology, and needs to be a highly-organized problem-solver able to clearly communicate their findings to internal multi-disciplinary teams and senior R&D management. Responsibilities include:
Manage multiple projects concurrently
Independently design, clone, and express novel immunostimulatory proteins in cell lines and primary immune cells
Development of in vitro assays to characterize protein function in either innate immune cells (phagocytosis) and lymphocytes in order validate mechanisms of action.
Imaging (fluorescence, confocal) of antigen presenting cell function.
Multiparameter flow cytometry: cell lines, primary human immune cells, and cells isolated from tumors in mice.
Plan and perform anti-tumor efficacy studies in mice including dosing (IV, IP, SC) and tumor growth monitoring.
Compile results across experiments and programs and present to multi-disciplinary teams, including translational teams, and senior management.
Analyze data using biological and statistical software such as FlowJo, Prism, Excel, etc.
Potentially manage Research Associates as needed.
This position requires a minimum of a PhD with a focus in Immunology and cell therapy fields. A strong publication record is required, as is experience with the below:
- Extensive experience in cell culture (primary cells and cell lines)
- Enriching and expanding primary T cells and APC.
- Experience in isolating and maturing innate immune cells (monocytes, DC, macrophage) from mouse and human PBMC samples to characterize cell phenotype and cellular functions.
- Detailed knowledge of multiparameter flow-based assays: quantitation of cell numbers, panel design and optimization, and staining of both cell surface and intracellular antigens. Skilled in data acquisition and analysis using FlowJo.
- Experience using general biochemical, cellular, and molecular assays: qPCR, general cloning (fusion and non-fusion), gene editing and expression strategies, immunoblotting, measurement of phagocytosis, cell proliferation and cell death, cytotoxicity assays, measurement of growth factors (MSD, ELISA).
- Knowledge of lentiviral vectors, generation of lentivirus, and transduction of immune cells.
- Hands on experience using CRISPR/Cas9
- Perform a variety of cellular and analytical based immune assays: cell proliferation and cell death, cytotoxicity assays, measurement of growth factors (MSD, ELISA), ELISpot, phagocytosis, etc.
- Knowledge in the characterization of antibody conjugates would be considered favorably.
- Data analysis using Prism, Excel, FlowJo.
- Expertise in cellular and molecular immunology
- Strong organizational and time-management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and adapt experimental design based on emerging data
- Ability to effectively collaborate as part of cross-functional teams
- Clearly communicate results, both verbally and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. JNH
Associated topics: cellular, circuit, diagram, dsp, electric, energy, renewable, signal processing, transmission, wire
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...