Associate Scientist - Immunology, Immuno-Oncology - Tarrytown
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
Loading some great jobs for you...
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The successful candidate will lead and directly contribute to the discovery / validation of novel immune-oncology targets and investigate their mechanisms of action. The qualified individual is expected to utilize or develop appropriate animal models, perform in vivo tumor studies and ex vivo / in vitro immune cell-based assays to characterize and screen drug candidates to support the development of immuno-therapeutics. The ideal applicant will have a strong background in immunology and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in the highly collaborative, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Be a critical thinker and familiar with recent developments in the field. Develop in-depth scientific knowledge in the area of research focus, and be able to rationalize and nominate new drug targets based on external and internal data, and contribute to the decision making on project direction
- Plan, design, and independently perform advanced in vivo tumor studies in mice: dosing, bleeding, tumor implantation / measurement, and dissection of tumors and immune organs for subsequent ex vivo / in vitro analysis
- Design flow cytometry (FACS) staining panels and perform FACS analysis on human and murine cells, tumors, and tissues
- Develop cell-based functional assays using engineered and/or primary human and murine cells
- Maintain complete, accurate, and timely record of experiments and data analysis
- Summarize results across experiments and programs in presentations to colleagues on the team, across departments, and senior management with scientific rigor
- Responsible for authoring documents to be published in regulatory filings, patent applications, external conference posters, and journal articles
- A Ph.D. in Immunology or a related field with 0-3 years of post-doctoral experience in academia or industry
- Sterile cell culture techniques required for cell lines and primary human and murine cells
- Expertise with animal handling, different methods of compound administration (i.v., i.p., s.c., etc), bleeding, and tissue /sample collection
- Must be skillful in the isolation and characterization of primary immune cells from murine tissues/tumors and human blood
- Excellent skill set for a variety of in vitro/ex vivo immune cell-based assays, including planning, execution, and analysis
- Skilled in at least one of the multiplexing technologies (MSD, Luminex, Bead Array, etc.)
- Skilled in flow cytometry panel design and practical experience with advanced flow cytometry, including cell surface staining, intracellular staining, data acquisition and analysis
- Experience with recombinant lentiviral vectors, such as virus packaging, transduction, and confirmation of phenotypes, is highly desired
- Strong organizational and time-management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate creativity and independency
- Ability to effectively collaborate within cross-functional teams
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: aseptic technique, drug development, drug discovery, food, immuno oncology, kinesiology, medicine, microbiological, pharmacometrics, physiologist
Loading some great jobs for you...