R&D Associate, Infectious Diseases - Tarrytown
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
Loading some great jobs for you...
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Regeneron is seeking a talented and motivated microbiologist/immunologist to join a laboratory working on immunotherapy of infectious disease. This candidate will be required to:
1. Evaluate target antibodies in vivo (run animal models of infectious disease)
2. Evaluate target antibodies in vitro (assays such as ELISA, cell proliferation assays, phagocytic assays, flow cytometry, MICs and immunofluorescence)
3. Maintain and culture microorganisms as necessary (microbiological growth, culture, storage)
- The candidate must be self-motivated, enthusiastic about science, highly organized, flexible and preferably has experience working in a team environment.
- Experience in working with rodents is essential; prior experience handling rodents and ability to administer injections, dose infectious agents through various routes and harvest organs will be a distinct advantage.
- The candidate should be skilled in molecular biology (PCR, cloning) and bacterial handling. Prior cloning experience will be an advantage.
- The candidate should be able to perform routine tasks involved in running a microbiology laboratory including knowledge of routine sterile techniques and basic safety procedures in BL2 laboratory.
- Experience performing routine biochemistry tasks including SDS-PAGE, Western blot and ELISAs is also an advantage.
- The candidate must demonstrate ability to design and execute experiments based on protocols or published literature, analyze data, interpret results and report findings to management.
- A general understanding of microbiology and general immunology would also be helpful.
- The candidate should be comfortable asking questions and interacting with others, especially when seeking advice on topics that they are unfamiliar with.
- Animal handling (organ harvesting, injections through various routes and administration of infectious agents through various routes)
- Sterile technique and handling/growing bacteria and mammalian cells in BSL2 laboratory
- Skilled in microbiological growth assays, phagocytosis assays and cell-based assays
- Experience with molecular biology and biochemical techniques such as running ELISAs, western blots, cloning
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: disease, germ, hiv, infection, infectious, infectious diseases
Loading some great jobs for you...