Cornerstone Research provides economic and financial consulting and expert testimony in all phases of complex litigation and regulatory proceedings. We work with a broad network of testifying experts including prominent faculty and industry practitioners, in a distinctive collaboration. Our staff consultants contribute expertise in economics, finance, accounting, and marketing, as well as business acumen, familiarity with the litigation process, and a commitment to produce outstanding results.
Named one of the Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine, at Cornerstone Research you will be part of a thriving team of more than 700, spanning eight offices, comprising more than 40 nationalities, and leading the industry in its commitment to develop team members across all levels.
You'll Love it Here If You?
* Are thoughtful and open to learning
* Have a high bar for excellence
* Believe that teamwork leads to success; #onefirmfirm!
* Always do things the right way, even if it's harder
* Are truly committed and passionate about what you do
About the Role
The Recruiting Specialist oversees the consulting staff recruitment processes for Cornerstone Research's New York Office. This role is responsible for coordination with office wide teams and practice areas to execute the day-to-day recruiting process for the New York office. Working closely with recruiting leadership, peers in other locations, and consulting staff at all levels to ensure quality candidates are sourced, screened, recruited, and guided through the onboarding and orientation process.
The Recruiting Specialist is also accountable for developing and maintaining professional relationships with local core universities, managing the Associate and Analyst internship program, including the recruiting process, assisting with annual recruiting budget process and supporting the training for staff members.
How You'll Help Us Be Successful
* Collaborate with Director of Recruiting, Chief Talent Officer, and consultants leading Analyst and Associate recruiting efforts to develop, streamline and implement recruitment strategies for the consultant recruiting process
* Ensure seamless execution of best practice recruiting strategies for consultant-led interviewing process, extending offers, and cultivating offers for consulting staff (full-time, part-time, and intern) recruiting process for the New York office
* Deliver consistently high-quality recruiting experiences for candidates at all stages of the recruiting process, including processing candidate applications, thoroughly and accurately preparing candidate correspondence, offer terms checklists, offer letters, interview schedules, and planning of candidate office visits and dinners
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with recruiting leaders at all levels across the firm.
* Provide flawless coordination for campus recruiting events such as career fairs, on-campus interviews, networking events, resume review sessions, etc.
* Develop and maintain professional relationships with local campus career centers and program coordinators, in partnership with consulting staff assigned to each school and firm-wide recruiting leadership
* Track candidate statuses, keep all candidate application materials organized in ATS, other databases/spreadsheets, and school career websites
* Manage and schedule the New York office's new hire orientation: welcome emails, travel logistics, orientation calendar and schedule, catering, HR system on boarding, and any other additional duties as assigned
* Collect timely feedback evaluations from consultants involved with the interview process for all candidates. Schedule and attend candidate decision meetings; take relevant notes on candidates in the pipeline and follow up accordingly
* Develop and maintain a candidate status report to be shared with the office point person and office head prior to decision meetings. Maintain continuous, collaborative communication regarding active candidates with peers in other locations, practice leaders, and firm-wide recruiting leaders
* Work with Talent team members and recruiting leaders firm wide to track qualified candidates who have interviewed with other offices, particular focus on those interested in potentially working in a Cornerstone office located in New York
What You'll Need to Be Successful
* Bachelor's degree required
* Minimum 5 years of corporate recruiting experience; within a professional services organization preferred
* Experience with campus and experienced hiring of MBAs, PhDs, or other recruiting experience preferred
* Experience working with an applicant tracking system required; iCIMS a plus
* Experience with compensation and offer letter generation a plus
* Excellent client service and candidate communication skills
* Self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to cultivate strong business relationships and work within a team
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask and produce under tight deadlines.
* Demonstrated sense of urgency and attention to detail and a proven ability to analyze and anticipate potential conflicts and resolve quickly
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, particularly Excel
What Will Differentiate You
* Leadership: the desire to take initiative and actively contribute to the team and firm
* Communication: the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
* Business Acumen: the capability to learn the firm's financial and operational functions
* Client Service: the mindset to provide superior service
CORNERSTONE RESEARCH'S CULTURE
Our uniquely collegial and supportive atmosphere makes Cornerstone Research a great place to work. Cornerstone Research invests in its people in a number of ways including providing development opportunities and organizing memorable social events. To many, our culture and our people are the most exciting and enriching aspects of a career at Cornerstone Research.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cornerstone Research is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
This position will be located in our New York, NY office.