Our Licensed Practical Nurse assists with the provision of comprehensive psychiatric and medical care within the scope of their practice and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Education for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing school.
Experience for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- One year of experience in an acute care and/or forensic setting preferred.
Licenses/Certifications for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Must hold a current, unrestricted nursing license in Massachusetts.
- Assists in providing comprehensive nursing care services including; treatment, recovery plan development, implementation of the plan of care and evaluation of the effectiveness of nursing intervention.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements, practice standards and regulatory requirements relating to the administration of medications, hospital policy and procedures, documentation requirements, medication education.
- Responsible for the safe transport and administration of both controlled and non-controlled medications to patients.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
Associated topics: lead, licensed vocational, licensed vocational nurse, lvn lpn, med surg, nurse iii, nurse lpn, nurses, pediatrics, practical nurse lpn